Corsair Community

New Void Pro Wireless Wont Work

Vampy

I'm trying to decide if I should just send it back or not. I get voice prompts through it but no other sound. I installed the program for it and updated the firmware and still nothing. It crashed Winamp and put it in safe mode after the firmware update, VLC won't play sound through the headset either. I went into my PC audio settings and enabled just it for sound but it still doesn't work. There is a small speaker in the front of my PC that plays the sound instead. If I disable that speaker there is still no sound through the headset. If I plug in the USB dongle and turn on the headset it grays out the mic and speaker settings in the program but if I turn off the headset I can use the slide bars in the program. The green light flashes rapidly on the headset when you 1st turn it on then slows to a slower flash. I was able to make the headset lights purple through the program then turn off the light. I need help soon or this thing goes back. I have an older Consair wireless headset and it was plug and play and never had any problems with it on my other PC.

I also just bought this PC and had wired speakers connected to it that I disconnected to try this out. I am using Windows 7 Pro, 1 TB hard drive and dual processors.

Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employee

Normally, once you have it set to default you shouldn't have to set again unless you're switching to different output devices (such as speakers or another headset). You'll definitely need the wireless dongle connected and set to default for the headset to work. If your sound is still coming out of the front speaker, that means it's not recognizing the headset as the default device.

If you're using a chat app, like Skype or Discord, also make sure that you have the headset set to default communications device. They will reference this device over the regular default device sometimes, too.

I finally got it to work on another computer. I can't believe how difficult this was and how lax instructions for this thing were. Two of us messed with the other computer and never got it working.

How I did it on the other PC: I plugged in dongle and headset with cord, let Windows Update install all drivers. Then installed Corsair Utility Engine with everything still plugged in. Rebooted, then forced the engine to download drivers again and it got different drivers. I went into taskbar and enabled the headset. I wanted to test the speakers but dummy me I forgot to unplug dongle and instead disabled headset in taskbar which then completely removed the headset from the taskbar.

I panicked and couldn't get any sound from anything including my speakers. So I uninstalled the Utility, rebooted, reinstalled it, rebooted again, forced the driver update and now it all works again after I enabled it in the taskbar.

I must say I like my old Corsair 2100 headset 100 x's more than this one. It came with the dongle base, it didn't have useless lights, it didn't talk to me (which I know I can disable both), the volume control worked so much better, it fit my head better because this one is loose, sloppy and I can't slide the headset short enough. I use it to play music while I clean my house and I know if I bend over it will fall off my head. The old one also had much easier software and installation was a breeze. Had I known all these things I might have looked around more. I think this will be my last purchase. Now to try to set this up with Skype will be my next challenge.

Thank you all for trying to help. It's a good thing I'm computer savvy or I'd probably never got this thing running.

I forgot to mention when I have the headset turned on my sound/mic adjustments in the Utility are greyed out so it still doesn't work right. I can only access them with it turned off so much for that. :(((((

• Corsair Employee
I forgot to mention when I have the headset turned on my sound/mic adjustments in the Utility are greyed out so it still doesn't work right. I can only access them with it turned off so much for that. :(((((

Do they stay greyed out if you lower the microphone for use? When it's up, it mutes and will grey out those settings. Sorry that it's been a hassle, general set up should have just been plug in and install software as optional.

Archived