Corsair Community

usb dongle

pinhead123

Hi all.. Glad to be on the forum... nice friendly site... Anyway here I go.

I bought myself a new system and I have the corsair ax1200i power supply which came with the USB link dongle so I can see what is happening with the power supply.. My question is can i use that same dongle and instead of using it to read what is going on in the power supply... can I plug it in to my corsair h100 instead?

Is it compatible?

I have tried searching to the matter but have found nothing?

Also a note I would like to add is that when I first plug in the dongle and used it with the corsair link software the software would not recognize the ax1200i... So i did a bios update and then it worked perfectly after... Just a thought if your having problems... update your bios..

Regards

Pinhead

• Corsair Employee
Yes you can; the USB Dongle would connect to the Corsair Link rather than plugging it into the USB on the MB. But I think you may need another cable, let me check with Cool Guy when he is available and I will get back to you ASAP.

• Corsair Employee
I bought myself a new system and I have the corsair ax1200i power supply which came with the USB link dongle so I can see what is happening with the power supply.. My question is can i use that same dongle and instead of using it to read what is going on in the power supply... can I plug it in to my corsair h100 instead?

Is it compatible?

I have tried searching to the matter but have found nothing?

The USB Dongle that is supplied with the AXi series PSU's has a single Corsair Link Digital connector. This would allow you to connect the AXi PSU or any other single Corsair Link node that uses a Corsair Link Digital output.

You would need an additional cable that was not supplied with the PSU unit to connect the H80/H100 device to that dongle. That cable is currently only supplied in the Corsair Link kits (Cooling/Cooling and Lighting). If you email Ram Guy I'm sure we can work something out to get you that cable.

• 3 months later...

I bought the AX860i a few days ago to replace a failed PS and it works great. One question I have about the USB dongle is why does it need the whole USB header on my motherboard? The header is good for two USB ports.

Also now I am looking at getting a Corsair water cooling kit for the cpu. This again needs another USB header and I have none to spare. Is there some cable to connect both the power supply and the water cooler to the same USB dongle that came with the AX860i or is there another solution?

If you get the Corsair Cooling/Lightning Kit you can plug the AXi PSU into the Corsair Commander and free up one USB slot.

I have taken a closer look at the part that plugs into the usb header on my motherboard and it only uses one usb port. They did not attach the correct end to the USB dongle probably to prevent someone from plugging it in the wrong way. I think I may have use some pliers and cut off that end and attach my own usb plug. :eek:

I'll wait until Corsair Link works properly with Windows 8. :roll:

Al

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
The USB Dongle that is supplied with the AXi series PSU's has a single Corsair Link Digital connector. This would allow you to connect the AXi PSU or any other single Corsair Link node that uses a Corsair Link Digital output.

You would need an additional cable that was not supplied with the PSU unit to connect the H80/H100 device to that dongle. That cable is currently only supplied in the Corsair Link kits (Cooling/Cooling and Lighting). If you email Ram Guy I'm sure we can work something out to get you that cable.

From my experience this contraption (connecting H80 through AXi USB dongle) in fact WILL NOT WORK. Mind this to avoid unnecessary frustration, due to uninformed and untried solutions no matter who is putting them forward.

From my experience this contraption (connecting H80 through AXi USB dongle) in fact WILL NOT WORK. Mind this to avoid unnecessary frustration, due to uninformed and untried solutions no matter who is putting them forward.

It's connecting the PSU to the cooler not the other way around, then the cooler connects to USB, but you do need the link cable to connect them.

Mine works fine.

Archived