Corsair Community

Possible purchase of Corsair One Pro - Opinions please

Tepes

As the title states. Primary uses would be gaming (No streaming), YouTube, minor excel and word usage. Any thoughts if this model is appropriate?

Regarding assecories - is there anything that I would need that doesn't come with the PC ( I have a monitor, mouse, keyboard)? Would I need to purchase a power supply separately?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'll be completely honest with you my friend. The performance is great but the claims of a dangerously quiet machine aren't accurate at all. I have had 2 of these units with noise levels that far exceed their marketing description.

Otherwise, they're really good. The only thing they require out of the box is a keyboard, mouse and monitor.

The noise on the highest spec Elite model is loud enough that I would consider it falsely advertised, even at idle an audible, constant hum can be heard that is louder than both a keystroke and humming yourself.

Corsairs customer service is legitimately the worst I have ever experienced in my life, I have been waiting for over two weeks for a reply on ticket, for an item that costs ~£3,000 I expected a lot more, especially when I read that the ONE had a dedicated support team. Maybe they're all working flat out 24/7? Read into that what you will.

In terms of performance, the built in wifi adapter struggles at 2.4GHz when even basic phones can muster up bandwidth, however 5GHz performs well.

Bluetooth connectivity is a bit iffy, devices are dropped randomlu on a monthly basis- this could be the fault of the devices (Bose headphones, Xbox One controller)

The LEDs categorically do not work. If you want to turn them off, you cannot. You have to deal with them at 10% brightness, if you do put them to 0%, they will flicker.

That's the bad news. The good news is that the machine runs at quite frankly God tier; even at 4k I haven't noticed frame rate drops at all.

My One Pro, model CS-9000010-NA (i7-7700K, 32GB of RAM, GTX 1080 Ti) purchased on the 9th of September 2017 (date is relevant because it was in the heart of the spell when people were having fairly major issues due to sub-par cabling) is an absolute beast. Zero problems. Whisper quiet. Runs any and every game I throw at it at high/ultra settings @3440x1440 on an Acer Predator monitor and it's so buttery smooth. My only beef with it was that the additional included data storage drive was a clunky Seagate BarraCuda 2TB that spins at a paltry 5,400 rpm. I've since replaced it with an SSD and added an additional SSD located at the empty bay in the bottom of the case (which Corsair thoughtfully routed power to, but you'll need to add your own SATA cable for). To answer your power supply question: No you don't need to buy something extra. This is a fully functioning PC with its own internal power supply. If you have the money on-hand, I highly recommend the Corsair One.

Archived