Corsair Community

Corsair Lighting Problem. Seems to be too common on here.

hitman2silent

It really is frustrating really. I read through the the posts here before i posted this so yea. I'vev done the hard reset on the Corsair Lighting Node Pro and all that. Still no luck for me. I've got 5 fans in total in my Phanteks P300. 3 of them are HD120 and 2 of them are LL120. Pretty sure some of you guessed it but only 3 of them light up. I've connected everything from 1-5 in order. Fans work fine its just the RGB doesnt light up. Ill just list down the problems in points it would be much better than typing an essay.

- 3 Light up ( 1-3 ) , 2 dont ( 4 & 5 )

- The LL120 light effect only lights up in the middle ? i thought they light up at both the outer and inner circle ?

- Tried changing fan 4 to fan 3 and it works but the fan at 4 - 5 - 6 dont work.

- Already did the revert firmware thing as well several times no luck.

- Tried to change the colours on the LL120 outer ring but no luck . the middle colour changes though but thats only when i select the outer ring. weird and frustrating.

PC : B360M Gigabyte

CPU : i7 - 8700

GPU : 980Ti

PSU : 750W

Here are some pictures i took. Help me out please.

https://imgur.com/a/fYxcx0b

It really is frustrating really. I read through the the posts here before i posted this so yea. I'vev done the hard reset on the Corsair Lighting Node Pro and all that. Still no luck for me. I've got 5 fans in total in my Phanteks P300. 3 of them are HD120 and 2 of them are LL120. Pretty sure some of you guessed it but only 3 of them light up. I've connected everything from 1-5 in order. Fans work fine its just the RGB doesnt light up. Ill just list down the problems in points it would be much better than typing an essay.

- 3 Light up ( 1-3 ) , 2 dont ( 4 & 5 )

- The LL120 light effect only lights up in the middle ? i thought they light up at both the outer and inner circle ?

- Tried changing fan 4 to fan 3 and it works but the fan at 4 - 5 - 6 dont work.

- Already did the revert firmware thing as well several times no luck.

- Tried to change the colours on the LL120 outer ring but no luck . the middle colour changes though but thats only when i select the outer ring. weird and frustrating.

PC : B360M Gigabyte

CPU : i7 - 8700

GPU : 980Ti

PSU : 750W

Here are some pictures i took. Help me out please.

https://imgur.com/a/fYxcx0b

Do you have two RGB Hubs? Typically people have 1 RGB hub/fan type. So you should have the following:

LNP:

-LED Channel 1: RGB Hub ==> 3xHD-120

-LED Channel 2: RGB Hub ==> 2xLL-120

While you can technically mix and match fan types on one hub, the effects won't show up as intended. There is a chance that the RGB Hub could be defective. The LED lighting works in series/serial.

Well i'm at work now so i cant really tak pictures of anything but heres a rundown of my installation.

Last two months i only had three rgb fans HD120s. I connected the power pin of the fans to the fan splitter and the rgb pins i connected to the lighting hub which is connected to the lighting node pro. My rgb strips were also connected to the lighting node pro. Everything works perfectly. Software crashes alot though. AT THIS POINT, it came with two lighting channel. Channel 1 and Channel 2 , 1 being the rgb fans and the 2nd being the rgb strips. I can configure them easily. HD120 arrangement on the lighting hub is obviously 1 - 2 - 3

Yesterday , bought two LL120RGB fans. Connected them. Replaced the third RGB PIN ( Pin 3 ) with one of the ll120 rgb pin. So basically ( 1 - 2 - 3 (ll120) - 4 - 5(ll120 ). The 4 and 5 dont light up at all. Channels are still the same one for the rgb strips and one for the fans. Only this time weirdly enough, only 1 - 2 - 3(ll120) lights up. Tried replacing the 4th pin (HD120) with the 3rd pin worked fine but the 4th still wont light up even after i plugged it into the slot. I also tried manually adding the number of fans in the iCue software. Dont know why but i can't add like 3 hd 120s, and 2 ll120s instead i could choose one type of fan and specify the number of fans of that type in the system so in this case i picked the hd120s and put it at a number of 5 fans total. It shows that the 5 fans are there but no lighting effect even if i try to give it one only the firs three show up

I did try to manually add them yes. But i can only add 1 type of fan. So i added 5 HD120 fans in the software. I'm actually on my break time on my way to the PC store to get myself a Commander Pro. Edit : Just got it for around $40. I was reading through the forum today and i JUST saw the rule where it says you CAN NOT mix and match different types of fans in the rgb hub. I dont know maybe thats my mistake but it still doesnt convince me though cos when i attached the ll120 to the third pin it works fine. I'm just gonna pull the trigger and see if it works out. Here's a drawing of the chart. Yes i know the drawing is flawless.

https://imgur.com/a/U45licO

As I said, you can make it work. It's all about LED count.

HD fans have 12 LEDs.

LL fans have 16 LEDs.

So a single channel with 3 HD fans and 2 LL fans would have a total of 68 LEDs.

Configuring the channel as 6 HD fans (72 LEDs) or 5 LL fans (80 LEDs) would work but, as I mentioned, the effects would be off. And it's not a supported scenario. But it would work.

Also, your drawing doesn't have the connections quite correct. The fans cannot connect directly to the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro). They need a fan hub between the NoPro and the fans. The CoPro's RGB headers act the same as the CoPro headers.

Welp got myself the controller from a freind sold off together with his sp120 fan as he didnt want it anymore. it came with the controller. paid for it. Installed it annnnnnd same thing. as teh drawing i gave you. it doesnt work. what is going on. please dont say that the only way to get the lls to work properly is to get ll120 triple fan pack with the controller id flip. :?

The SP120 Fans come with a fan hub, which will work with the LL fans, and a push-button controller which only works with the SP fans (in fact, it says "SP Lighting Controller").

So what is it that you have? Note that photos and the correct terminology for all of the parts are in the RGB FAQ.

Archived