Corsair Community

[BUG] - CPU temperature color change not smooth

SgtBaxter

I have 2 LL fans on my CPU cooler, which I have their color set to CPU temperature.

When I had the fans controlled via LINK, there was a smooth gradient from green to yellow to red as the CPU temperature changed. In iCue, it simply jumps from one color to another.

This is set to CPU package, however it does the same thing if I select an individual core.

• 5 months later...

Same issue here still. Using ML120 PRO RGB fans on the radiator, and i have them set up going from blue to red based on CPU package temperature. Using LINK the change was super smooth and elegant, when i updated to iCUE it seemed to only update the temperature reading every 2 seconds or about, and the colour change on the fans was brutal. If i remember correctly, the fan LED brightness settings were also reduced and not as complete as in LINK.

My biggest gripe however was that using LINK, ie. if the software was closed or the computer was starting up, the fans would default to the color relating to the MAX temperature reading set in LINK. So while starting up the computer, the fans would just stay red, and when LINK started in the background, it would smoothly start changing the colour of the fans. Now with iCUE, in the same cirumstances, the fans will just default to the rainbow wave effect, and they will also revert to maximum brightness.

It would be greatly appreciated if these functionalities would be copied over from LINK. I reverted back to using it with the old CUE and LINK until this is fixed with iCUE.

• 6 months later...

Archived