Corsair Community

Broken Keycap

Paul S

They usually replace the whole keyboard. Corsair James stated that usually it's cheaper to replace the whole keyboard than to send a single keycap.

It all depends on where you live too thought, for example sending a single keycap in Europe won't cost like sending a keycap in the US only some miles away. Considering the site you ordered from I assume you're in Europe thought, so I don't think they'll simply ship you the new keycap.

Wait and see what they reply with in the ticket.

They did say they had a new RMA location in the UK so they might be able to get you a new keycap but i wouldnt count on it.

Oh right, I forgot about that since it's quite recent. They might be able to ship one easily then, as long as they have some broken keyboards there from RMA where they can get a key from.

Looking at the actual broken keycap here, i think corsair need to use stronger plastics as it does look mighty thin. Still a selection of keycap types from corsiar would be great ie: clear/front print i think they would sell well and cure the dim lighting issues

Are the key caps made by corsair? Personally I wouldnt want them to be thicker since that will block more light from getting through

Hmm i suppose but mirrored plastic on the inside of them would bounce the light around better.

Really my ticket number is: 6599110

If they have sent me a new one thats pretty cool

Id rather let corsair sort the issue as overclockers.co.uk have THE worst customer service ever, i can double verify this as i lived up the road from them in stoke years ago, they are CRAP

Archived