Corsair Community

Discussion: Forum Suggestions

Hi guys, it's that time of year again where we see if there's anything about the forum that you'd like added / removed / changed. This could be new forums, new add ons, different themes, policies, disco lights, XenForo, a whole new forum site, etc. All I ask is that you be clear and concise.

Note: Any egregiously off topic posts will be split / deleted at my discretion. This thread / sub-forum is NOT for support of Corsair products.

Wired, im thinking :)

about the windows server forum, although there are no active posts, the bots or google actively search it, even as i type there are 3 threads being viewed.

i would love to see a Bio/Mugshot thread of the staff and maybe any regulars here?

thats really not a forum change, just a thought :):

are you asking about VB related changes or anything new in general? i mean some of the stickys may need updating and the FAQ be up to date? other than that this site is pretty straight forward, i guess we can use the "lounge" area as a general chathouse no?

also im sure you mean just this help forum not the actual Corsair site that is so far behind on the database and new product info?

ok 1 thing, how about the option to turn off the sidebar? thats a VB thing!

+1

about the windows server forum, although there are no active posts, the bots or google actively search it, even as i type there are 3 threads being viewed.

I'm not sure but I think the spiders will always search it, doesn't really mean that it's active. Anyway, I don't think you should ever delete content from a forum, but rather consolidate it into another forum. For example, make a general Windows forum rather than separate it? The 9x/ME forum is pretty inactive as well.

Or:

Windows 7 forum (maybe Vista too since they're so similar)

Other Windows Releases

i would love to see a Bio/Mugshot thread of the staff and maybe any regulars here?
I've wanted a better Forum Staff page for years now (aside from the default one), but there's no good mods out there for it, not free anyway. As for pics, I think there's a pic of my *** somewhere on the forum :)

are you asking about VB related changes or anything new in general?
Any type of changes.

i mean some of the stickys may need updating and the FAQ be up to date?
Sticky / FAQ updates are pending, but if you see any obvious errors, by all means please report the post and it'll be fixed ASAP.

i guess we can use the "lounge" area as a general chathouse no?
Yes. It really should be its own area, but someone decided July '09 that it should be removed w/ the rest of the changes that happened at the same time. Doesn't mean it can't be brought back if it's needed though! Hell, I still resurrect the Lab Rat area every couple of years, mwahahaha.

also im sure you mean just this help forum not the actual Corsair site that is so far behind on the database and new product info?
Correct. Feel free to start up a new thread on that in the General Discussion sub-forum though.

It's a vB thing in 4.x. I custom coded it for vB 3.8.x. I suppose a separate theme sans sidebar could be created, but damn is it helpful! Not closing the door on the idea though.

Yeah, the House of Help area doesn't do much nowadays, but there's stickies 10 years old in there that still pull traffic. Hell, I think there's still some hits on the original reviews from '00. Merging / consolidating isn't out of the question, but HoH's my baby! :)

The sidebar is helpful for a newcomer but after you've been here for a while it just takes away from the full screen experience and I never use the links over there.

I use a widescreen monitor as I assume most people do as well so I guess it's not that big of a deal though especially if it would be too complicated to implement and more trouble than it's worth.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived