Corsair Community

CM2X1024-6400C4DHX: compatible w/my system?

dwtjan

I have an old computer HP Pavilion a6000n - RX885AA-ABA Installed O/S: Windows XP Pro3 - 32bit. Motherboard ASUS M2N68-LA (HP-Compaq name: Narra-GL8E). Base Processor: AMD Athlon 64X2 dual core processor 4200+ 2.2GHz. Chipset: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430.

I do not know what most of that even means. I'm just listing everything I've been told is relevant. I have two Corsair memory modules that I would like to

install in this computer, but do not know if they are compatible. The information on memory is: CORSAIR XMS2-DHX Dual Path Heat Xchange DDR2 (on one side) CM2X1024-6400C4DHX - XMS2-6400, 1024MB, 800MHz, 4-4-4-12, 2.10V, ver5.1, 08350441 (On reverse side).

I have been trying to find out if they will work in my PC for days now. I have tried and tried to submit ticket on Corsair website but it keeps coming up with the error I must include part number. I have tried every combination of what I've learned is the part number: CM2X1024-6400C4. I have also attempted to put in part numbers for current modules to see if that would work. No part numbers I've tried have been accepted.

I just discovered this forum and am submitting info I tried to create a ticket with. My apologies for lack of experience and lack of knowledge. I just really would like to use these memory modules, which seem far superior to the ones I have installed. Hoping they may make a difference w/heat factor.

Thank you for any and all advice and input.

Archived