Corsair Community

Pump noise at idle

mnetting

Hey y'all,

I received my Corsair one a few days ago and while overall I'm enjoying it I wouldn't say it's as whisper quiet as I was initially lead to believe. Mostly I'm hearing a lot of pump noise from both pumps and while I don't expect them to be completely silent I thought they would be similar to other liquid coolers I've used in the past at least at idle.

Since there is no way in the included software to adjust the pump speed, I haven't looked at the bios too closely as of yet but that is next, I was wondering is this something others are running into as well? At idle can you pretty clearly hear the pumps going?

Just looking for some context here from other users as nothing appears to be wrong thus far.

Thanks.

I am having the same issue. I expected whisper-quiet operation at least at idle, but I can definitely hear the hum even when placing the pc as far as possible from my seat.

When I look at Fan speed in BIOS it always shows 4200-4300RPM and does not seem to be affected by Fan curve settings. In C-link it used to show 4200-4300 as well, with new version it shows separate speeds for CPU and GPU fans in 2200-2400 range. Was really wondering if this is normal since most reviews commented on how inaudible Corsair One is at idle.

I am attaching C-link screenshot.

clink.thumb.png.b944bedff499a94f8b1f6f3dfc8d8d90.png

• Corsair Employee

That's all normal.

Pump speeds being reported are actually half their actual speed, that's why it used to report a speed in the 4200 range. But this is totally normal. Changing fan curve in BIOS won't affect anything either; the pumps are independently powered and the system fan is controlled by them.

Unfortunately, some people are sensitive to the frequency at which the pumps hum. This isn't dissimilar to coil whine; I can almost never hear pump or coil whine noise, but our power supply manager can hear it from a mile away.

This probably wasn't the answer you were looking for. You can contact Customer Service and try your luck at exchanging for new systems, or if you're genuinely dissatisfied we won't hold it against you for returning your Corsair Ones. But a little bit of hum from the pumps is going to be normal.

Thanks again for looking into this and for providing this additional info. You are correct I'm definitely a person who is susceptible to coil wine and pump noise so it's probably worse for me then most users.

I wouldn't say this is a deal breaker and I'm not looking to repair or replace my system unless some other issues come up. I am a bit disappointed over the lack of control offered regarding fan and pump speeds on the system though.

Having used other Corsair AIO products along with various AIO from NZXT, Fractal, Cooler Master, etc. and complete custom loops from EKWB and the like I'm used to a bit more control. I know there are other posts indicating the lack of control is due to the system being tuned to run as cool as it possibly can but I would still like to see additional options for enthusiasts, hell give me a warning and tell me I'll be voiding my warranty if I adjust the settings even I'm fine with that, for further noise reduction. That or work with Asutek to get better insulation on the pumps.

Overall though I do really like the product and I look forward to using it, and upgrading it on my own, in the future.

• Corsair Employee

So by default, the system is actually tuned to run as quietly as possible. We don't expose those settings because multiple components beyond just the CPU and GPU are actually dependent on the fan speed, and our programmed fan curve accounts for those. The power supply, motherboard components, and DRAM are also affected by the fan speed.

Basically, if the system could run quieter than it already does, it would. But it wasn't designed or intended for end users to control it. We do allow end users to set the fan speed to full if they want additional cooling, but reducing fan speed beyond our curve isn't an option.

Thanks again for looking into this and for providing this additional info. You are correct I'm definitely a person who is susceptible to coil wine and pump noise so it's probably worse for me then most users.

I wouldn't say this is a deal breaker and I'm not looking to repair or replace my system unless some other issues come up. I am a bit disappointed over the lack of control offered regarding fan and pump speeds on the system though.

Having used other Corsair AIO products along with various AIO from NZXT, Fractal, Cooler Master, etc. and complete custom loops from EKWB and the like I'm used to a bit more control. I know there are other posts indicating the lack of control is due to the system being tuned to run as cool as it possibly can but I would still like to see additional options for enthusiasts, hell give me a warning and tell me I'll be voiding my warranty if I adjust the settings even I'm fine with that, for further noise reduction. That or work with Asutek to get better insulation on the pumps.

Overall though I do really like the product and I look forward to using it, and upgrading it on my own, in the future.

Archived