Corsair Community

Macro to mute chrome/twitch while gaming?

I like to watch streams from twitch while gaming but sometimes would be nice to have macro key to mute only google chrome / twitch. This keyboard have FN+F5 but it mutes all sounds including game sounds. Anyone want help me?

Keyboard i have is Strafe RGB.

Unfortunately, i don't think there is a way to mute specific tabs via a macro.

You can enable Chrome's tab mute feature though, which would allow you to mute a tab instead.

Thanks i found the way mute all chrome tabs via global keycombo which works for me. Currently i use for chrome SHIFT+ALT+DOT to mute and SHIFT+ALT+COMMA to unmute all tabs.

• 3 years later...
Thanks i found the way mute all chrome tabs via global keycombo which works for me. Currently i use for chrome SHIFT+ALT+DOT to mute and SHIFT+ALT+COMMA to unmute all tabs.

Sorry to necro this thread but this is exactly what I want to do and I cant figure it out. I have a K95 and I would like to have one of the G keys mute chrome/twitch while playing games. I have the extension that will mute all tabs with the shortcuts mentioned above. What I don't understand is how you "send" that shortcut to chrome instead of whatever application has focus. For example, if I am playing a game, pressing the keyboard shortcut does nothing until I ALT+TAB out of the game and click on chrome. Then the shortcut will work, but that is not all that helpful.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!