The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2018, 02:53 PM
Jlively's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949221
Jlively Reputation: 10
Default iCUE Not detecting devices

Hello, I recently purchased a new PC with Corsair RGB RAM, light strips, and LL120 Fans. I've been having an issue with Corsair LINK that whenever I shut down my PC and restart it the software can't control anything (Even though it sees them). I decided to switch over to iCUE to see if it would fix the problems. Now in the dashboard I can see my Vengeance RAM, but nothing else. When I goto add a new item (Through the '+' beside dashboard) I see everything except the fans and strips. Something weird I noticed though is the Motherboard has 4 fans listed, (I have a total of 4) 3 are the LL's and 1 is a generic case fan.

Thanks for your time!
Old 04-08-2018, 03:34 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949227
DevBiker Reputation: 69

The "+" in the Dashboard doesn't add new items to iCue; it allows you to select from what's is available for monitoring and adds it to your Dashboard.
Light strips and fans need to be configured on the appropriate lighting channel on a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) or Commander Pro (CoPro). You don't mention which of these you have; if it's the NoPro, you won't see it in the Dashboard. You will, however, see it on the home screen. From there, you can click on the NoPro and add items to the appropriate Lighting Channel under "Lighting Setup". Check out my "Getting Started" video (linked below).

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Jlively's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949251

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
The "+" in the Dashboard doesn't add new items to iCue; it allows you to select from what's is available for monitoring and adds it to your Dashboard.
Light strips and fans need to be configured on the appropriate lighting channel on a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) or Commander Pro (CoPro). You don't mention which of these you have; if it's the NoPro, you won't see it in the Dashboard. You will, however, see it on the home screen. From there, you can click on the NoPro and add items to the appropriate Lighting Channel under "Lighting Setup". Check out my "Getting Started" video (linked below).
I have the NoPro's (2 to be exact). On the home screen all I see under devices is my RAM.

Edit: I was able to control them before through corsair LINK, but not anymore.

Last edited by Jlively; 04-08-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:29 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949262

Can you provide logs? Go to Settings ... Export System Info and Logs.

A screen shot of your Home screen would also be good.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:56 PM
Jlively's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949267

Quote:
Can you provide logs? Go to Settings ... Export System Info and Logs.

A screen shot of your Home screen would also be good.
Attaching both:
Attached Images
File Type: png 4-8.PNG (1.23 MB, 683 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip 4-8.zip (25.6 KB, 155 views)
Old 04-08-2018, 06:14 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949274

OK ... it's definitely not detecting your NoPros. Can you see them in USBDeView?(http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html)

And is Link about to detect them? If so, you should see them in the LInk screen with text "Controlled by iCue".

Old 04-08-2018, 06:25 PM
Jlively's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949278

Quote:
OK ... it's definitely not detecting your NoPros. Can you see them in USBDeView?(http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html)

And is Link about to detect them? If so, you should see them in the LInk screen with text "Controlled by iCue".
Not seeing them:
Attached Images
File Type: png 4-8_2.PNG (57.4 KB, 418 views)
File Type: png 4-8_3.PNG (243.0 KB, 214 views)
Old 04-08-2018, 09:51 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949298

So ... 1 of the Node Pros is visible to Link and to USBDeView. And you still aren't seeing this in iCue?

Can you try exiting iCue and then restarting the Corsair Service from the services applet?

Where do you have the USB connections for the NoPros connected?

Old 04-08-2018, 10:42 PM
Jlively's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949303

Quote:
So ... 1 of the Node Pros is visible to Link and to USBDeView. And you still aren't seeing this in iCue?

Can you try exiting iCue and then restarting the Corsair Service from the services applet?

Where do you have the USB connections for the NoPros connected?

Ok tried restarting and that didn't work. Actually just opened up the PC for the first time (Bought a custom pre-built from cyberpowerpc) It seems I actually only have 1 Node Pro, but then I have a fan hub (With the fans plugged into it) that is plugged into the node pro. Does this matter at all?

How they set it up:

LL120-Fans>CorsairHUB>1Cable into the PSU, other cable into the NodePro (Just a quick side note I also have Corsair RGB strips(4) all chained together which is plugged into the NodePro)> The NodePro has one cable leading to the PSU, and another plugged into a USB port on the MB.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:33 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949308

A NoPro connected to a Fan Hub is the correct installation. So ... we aren't missing a NoPro. That's good. And it sounds like it's all configured correctly. The RGB strips should be daisy-chained. Make sure that the fans are plugged into the Fan Hub sequentially (1-2-3-4).

And iCue still isn't seeing your single Lighting Node Pro?

Can you check your BIOS and make sure the Legacy USB Support and XHCI handoff are enabled? I'm a little baffled that USBDeView and Link both see the NoPro but iCue does not, especially since iCue uses the same detection functionality as Link. So if one sees it, the other should as well.

If none of that works, I would suggest a full uninstall of iCue (have it delete all files/profiles/etc), reboot and reinstall.

Old 04-09-2018, 12:48 AM
Jlively's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949312

Quote:
A NoPro connected to a Fan Hub is the correct installation. So ... we aren't missing a NoPro. That's good. And it sounds like it's all configured correctly. The RGB strips should be daisy-chained. Make sure that the fans are plugged into the Fan Hub sequentially (1-2-3-4).

And iCue still isn't seeing your single Lighting Node Pro?

Can you check your BIOS and make sure the Legacy USB Support and XHCI handoff are enabled? I'm a little baffled that USBDeView and Link both see the NoPro but iCue does not, especially since iCue uses the same detection functionality as Link. So if one sees it, the other should as well.

If none of that works, I would suggest a full uninstall of iCue (have it delete all files/profiles/etc), reboot and reinstall.
Went into BOIS and couldn't find any of what you were talking about. (Even researching online turned up nothing). The restart seemed to fix it though as I can now control everything perfectly fine from within iCUE. Thank you for the help!

I'll update later if it starts acting up again.

Edit: Is there any way inside of iCUE to rearrange the order in which the some of the effects control the fans? Or would I just have to unplug and re-arrange their order physically?

Last edited by Jlively; 04-09-2018 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:24 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlively View Post

Edit: Is there any way inside of iCUE to rearrange the order in which the some of the effects control the fans? Or would I just have to unplug and re-arrange their order physically?
Not at this time, no. You would have to rearranged them physically.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:34 AM
MrRaion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976012
MrRaion Reputation: 10
Question Ique not detecting Node Pro....

Hi, i have reacentrly bought a new computer with rgb all over the place. 2 LL120 fans, 2 HD fans (these came inside my Corsair spec-omega rgb case) and the led strip on front of my case. Oh yeah i also have Corsairs vengeance pro rgb ram sticks (2)

Icue is detecting the rgb ramsticks and the spec-omega rgb case, but not the fans that are controlled via a usb hub that goes into my Node Pro.

I would really hope someone could help me with this.

(Also i have installed corsair link, but link does not detect my ram sticks and it has less options).

Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: zip System info Corsair Ique.zip (54.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-11-2018, 11:55 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976016

You need to add the fans to the lighting channel manually.
They are not auto-detected.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:27 PM
MrRaion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976019
MrRaion Reputation: 10
Default Ique not detecting Node Pro....

Ah ok, but how do i enable them?

Tags
detecting, fans, icue, motherboard, ram