Corsair Community

Keep Getting Hardware Profile Alert

melhughes

Hello,

I am new to this forum and to Corsair. I have a K95 RGB Platinum and love it. Here is my problem that I could use some help with.

When I start and if I happen to open CUE, I get the following notice: "The stored hardware profile 1 on your device does not match the current profile saved to CUE. To resolve this conflict, please press SAVE to restore the original hardware profile settings to CUE or CANCEL to skip the process and keep your current settings."

I have clicked SAVE with NO resolution AND I have also clicked CANCEL also with NO resolution

To my knowledge, I have done nothing but to change the lighting on what I thought was the Default profile. If I click the Default profile, it displays Default BUT also Default 1, Default 2 and Default 3 which appear to just be different lighting . To add to my confusion, the keyboard remains black/dark/unlit throughout the boot-up process until Windows 7 has fully started; kinda makes it hard to see keyboard to type password. When I first got the keyboard, during start-up it always displayed a very colorful waterfall/cycling lighting scheme but now it is just dark.

Something has obviously changed and I am stumped. I have even deleted the CUE software and reloaded it but keep getting the same results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mel

I would suggest you reset your CUE folder until you see 4 profiles, One software (Sails) and 3 HW profiles (memory card).

You can do this by;

1. Quit CUE via the tray icon.

2. Type %appdata%\Corsair into the explorer address bar or run box.

3. Delete the CUE folder

Note: This will remove all user created content e.g. Lighting effects, actions, etc. If you want to back it up, Use the Import/Export button located in the menu next to the profiles list.

To restore lighting on startup under advanced mode;

1. Enable advanced mode using the slider to the left of the Corsair logo.

2. Click a HW 1-3 profile > Lighting effects > + > Pick a effect e.g. Static > Drag across the keyboard to assign the lighting effect.

3. Save profile to device > select a profile slot and overwrite if needed.

4. Do the same for the other two profiles or delete them from onboard memory via the save profile to device tab.

5. The conflict message should no longer appear on restart.

To restore the colourful effects on startup;

1. Move the advanced slider back to standard mode.

2. Unplug the keyboard, hold the ESC key down while plugging the keyboard back in.

Note: The conflict message will reappear if advanced mode is enabled in CUE.

Thanks for the advice.

I have done what you suggested; at least part of it. For the life of me I can NOT find the "save profile to device tab." Where is it located?

I have created a lighting setup I like under the default profile with advanced selected. However, when I deselect advances, the lighting reverts to another lighting scheme altogether. I know I have NOT saved this profile but I can NOT find the tab you are referring to.

Thanks,

Mel

1. With the K95P selected, click on a hardware profile. The tab will now be visible below Performance. It will not appear if the selected profile is a software profile.

2. There are two modes the hardware profile can support; standard and advanced. The difference between the two is that on standard you will be limited to one predefined lighting effect e.g. The effect you first saw vs 5 lighting layers with advanced (blank lighting). You can only choose one mode.

To clarify the steps in post 2,

To restore lighting on startup under advanced mode = This would be the steps to store the lighting effects for the keyboard under advanced mode.

To restore the colourful effects on startup = Standard Mode, This would be the step to restore the effects you saw when first plugging the keyboard in.

The screenshot of is a example with a static effect applied on a HW profile.

ex.thumb.png.058a4c211e77943882b319a7d6277fd2.png

Archived