Corsair Community

Support for the buttons on the Dark Core mouse

TheWarhammer

Just got the wireless Dark Core and trying to figure it out.

Downloaded the CUE software.

How do I get my system to recognize the mouse and all its buttons?

The mouse works fine and both main buttons and the scroll wheel works. None of the other buttons do.

What am I missing? Thanks!

If you are connected via the cable or 2.4GHz with CUE running, the current active software profile will be in use. The HW1-3 profiles will only be active if CUE is not running or if you are connected via BT.

Thanks! So basically program the mouse via the USB cable and CUE software, download it to the mouse, and then disconnect the cable and I should be able to use the programming in the mouse via BT. Correct?

Yes, if Bluetooth is your desired connection type. There are some hardware limitations in play. Some changes/settings can only be modified with the mouse plugged in. Some can be done wired or 2.4GHz. When you go BT the CUE software will not see the dark core at all, so you are limited to what’s saved to the device. I started off on BT, but since I need to run cue for my keyboard, there was no advantage to do so. The 7ms polling rate also felt very ragged compared to the smoothness I was used to. You might get better battery life on BT in exchange.

Archived