Corsair Community

Problem with keyboard displaying "malfunction", seeking help

Triffels

Hey all,

So recently i bought a refurbished K70 RGB off amazon and whenever i use it with the ICUE software I notice that initially everything is fine but after a few minutes (time varies) all the lights on the keyboard freeze temporarily and then in ICUE it begins to say there's a malfunction. Closing and restarting ICUE will temporarily fix the problem for a few minutes and then it happens again. It seems to cause other issues like keypresses being repeated and the RGB lighting freezing up constantly.

This doesn't appear to happen when i don't have ICUE running but then i wouldnt be able to have the cool RGB colours or the other features that ICUE provides :(

I've tried rebooting my PC, force downloading the firmware (multiple times) and updating/reinstalling ICUE. Nothing seems to work...

Any and all help is appreciated!

Which version of iCUE do you have currently installed right now? Can you provide system specs? Also, try exporting your logs for iCUE under settings, and attached them as well.

I run ICUE version 3.5.111, i cant figure out how to link my CUE logs but they seem to be fresh from yesterday when i fully cleared and reinstalled iCUE so theres almost nothing there.

From what I remember my specs are:

16gb ram

GTX 960

Intel i5-3570K 3.40GHz

Running windows 7

2018-07-20T01-49-25.log

2018-07-19T11-16-14.log

2018-07-18T13-51-10.log

2018-07-18T13-04-54.log

2018-07-18T13-04-47.log

Archived