Corsair Community

Spammer

Didn't know where to put this topic. Got an email in my Junk folder from "Corsair" stating someone has tried at least five times to log into my forum account with an incorrect password. Here's the message:

"Dear yahaway,

Someone has tried to log into your account on The Corsair User Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 101.4.136.2

All the best,

The Corsair User Forums"

Gonna change my password right now just incase it is legit.

Yahaway

Received this email today:

Dear smorrissey,

Someone has tried to log into your account on The Corsair User Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 183.223.195.82

All the best,

The Corsair User Forums

Yeah but for what purpose? posting here on my behalf? the can open a new account if they want.

its basically a sniffer program,its not so much hacking into you its a set or range of addys

but be safe and do a PW change,

• Administrators

You can ignore it. It's just a bot grabbing user names and attempting to log in. Unless you have a ridiculously easy password, it won't get in, and only attempts those 5 tries.

Occasionally updating your password and using a strong UNIQUE password is always a good idea of course.

Not sure where to put this but someone tried to login to my account the early hours of this morning, not sure if anyone got in but if any dodgy posts from me are posted

they are not from me, this is the mail from Corsair I got this morning:

Dear srome,

Someone has tried to log into your account on The Corsair User Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to

login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 117.169.1.187

All the best,

The Corsair User Forums

Seems someone is sniffing about trying to get in peoples accounts no doubt to post there spam :eek:

Same thing happened to me just now. Few times prior as well. Tracing the IP shows its some scrub gooks in China. Poor bastards are one day going to try to hack into someone's account with money to burn and a big white boy is gonna show up on their porch and pound their eyes straight.

Amazing they are constantly taking or trying to take advantage of Americans via the web. It's about time a group of guys here start hitting back. God as my witness if they ever get into something important.. I'll find the money for a vacation.

While we are on the topic, my wife had to cancel her debit the other day due to someone/thing named axiom who tried to charge 1000 dollars on it. Love criminals that like to hide behind a monitor. Atleast real thieves and robbers have the nuts to do it in person.

/rant off

Archived