Corsair Community

ASUS Rampage Formula + Corsair Twin CM2x2048-8500C5D

gelu

Hello all,

Please help me in order to configure the mainboard work with this memory

I have tried the memory on different mainboard+cpu and is working with no errors in memtest.

I have tested my mainboard+cpu with different memory and is also working with no errors in memtest. Bolth tests were amde with auto configuration.

When i put the mainboard+cpu and memory modules togheter doesn't work anymore and i have a lot of errors in memtest.

I tried the auto config of the mainboard and also a lot of configurations that i've found on this forum but i still have errors in memtest. The errors are different from configuration to configuration (i also have an error on 4725.3 Mb on test #3 memtest, even that memtest shows me 4096 Mb of memory). I succeded once to have a stable configuration and after more than 2 cycles in memtest after i restarted the computer it didn't started. I've had to clear the bios and lost the working config which i can't remember.

Could be some defect hardware? (memory, mainboard or cpu)?

Mainboard: ASUS Rapmage formula (latest bios ver 1001).

Proc: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3 GHz

Memory: Corsair Twin CM2x2048-8500C5D

Please help me.

If there are more information that you need please fell free to contact me on email or forum.

Thank you

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest MB BIOS then go to BIOS setup load setup defaults and then set the memory frequency to DDR1066 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and make sure that command Rate if its listed is set to 2T and disable legacy USB and test them with http://www.memtest.org, if you do get errors then please test them one module at a time.

Archived