Corsair Community

1.3.3 is worse than before for me, much worse

CantonKnees

All I see are posts praising the darn firmware but guess what!? It's actually WORSE than 1.3.2 and the older ones. Before it used to randomly bsod, but usually after a relatively long period of time (5+ hours roughly). A daily reboot would save me some headache as it seemed to ward off the BSODs for a good amount of time. This new firmware not only BSODs, but for the first time, FROZE. I've done everything the PDF suggests and it froze/bsod much much quicker than previous versions of the firmware.

I was fed up. My solution? I finally threw the towel in and took the damn Force GT drive out of my system and put in an older spare SSD I had back in. Guess what? No more BSODs or Freezing.

Get your acts together corsair. I know you guys are working hard and fast, but after so many revisions and it still does this is ridiculous.

hmmm i also have the same setup as canton.

but i am going to be using Koutech IO-PESA230 PCI Express Low Profile Ready SATA III (6.0Gb/s) Controller Card since my mobo is the old version and does not have the sata 3 on it.

will this controller card help us for the system to work??

note... still have no install the ssd and the controller card yet.

The only MOBO based chipset SATA controller that can run the SandForced based drives at their full specification is the current P67 and Z68. X79 will change that I'm sure but it's actually sound advice if you want to run full spec running the SSD off a MOBO based SATA controller.

sure, its sound advice if i want to run full spec...but at this point, i just want it to run without bsods and freezing without having to buy anything else.

i've already taken the darn thing out to await for another firmware update that hopefully wont disappoint.

Hey guys, Can a new Force GT 120 be updated (firmware) using an old SATAI system safely? The only other system I have runnin is a RAID0 system. I don't want to install Win7 64bit and then update the ForceGT if I can avoid that, but I may have no choice. Please advise.

Hey guys, Can a new Force GT 120 be updated (firmware) using an old SATAI system safely? The only other system I have runnin is a RAID0 system. I don't want to install Win7 64bit and then update the ForceGT if I can avoid that, but I may have no choice. Please advise.

Most likely yes if it is an Intel or AMD controller. But it has not been tested on older generation controllers so there is no guarantee.

The only MOBO based chipset SATA controller that can run the SandForced based drives at their full specification is the current P67 and Z68. X79 will change that I'm sure but it's actually sound advice if you want to run full spec running the SSD off a MOBO based SATA controller.

did you mean the only intel based mb right? I'm running a force GT and attainning the advertised speeds on a 990FX / SB 950 board w/ out a glitch

did you mean the only intel based mb right? I'm running a force GT and attainning the advertised speeds on a 990FX / SB 950 board w/ out a glitch

I have not seen any internal 990FX testing to date. The people I have seen posting online are showing results just under spec and just under the Intel speeds.

Yellowbeard,

Would you say I am better off trying the update with the older SATAI system or do you think I can update AFTER installing Windows 7 on a new i7-2600K MSI Z68 GD-80 board using the Intel SATAIII controller? I am confused because I have heard something saying that updating a Force GT After installing the OS is NG, that it won't work, is this true? And the only other desktop I have is running SSD's in RAID0 and I read here somewhare that a RAID system won't work the update either..... what a mess.. HELP!!! I also don't have an app that will secure erace the Force GT, the other SSD's I use has the Secure Erase ability in the "Tool Box app" that comes with the update, does the Corsair update have that ability or will I need some additional software? That shouldn't be hard to find in a freeware app I would think...

Dan

Archived