Corsair Community

Interesting problem with Commander Pro

arisythila

Hello,

I am using Commander Pro to control my Noctua IPPC 3k PWM fans. For the most part it does a good job, and I can use it to spool the fans down to the bare minimum.

Since installing, I've noticed that I have to restart the system/power off the system, to get all fans to be recognized.

One specific fan port seems to never want to power on all of the time. When I bring up Corsiar Link, the port is missing. if I power off it seems to come back.

Checking over the specs of the fan on Noctua's website appears that they consume at full load .55A I've got 5 installed along with a D5 water pump that runs off of the power supply, and only passes PWM control.

I figured this would have been an issue with firmware (which this needs to be updated), but I cannot download the firmware through Corsair Link app, as it just says, "Firmware download failed. Please retry!".

I cannot seem to find where to pick up the firmware so I can flash it from local. Any help with this to see if it resolves my issues?

Thanks,

Michael

Hey DevBiker,

That worked for me. I was unaware that Link was EOL.

What seems to be the issue with Noctua fans and the Commander Fan? Is it just how their fans work or something?

I went with the IPPC fans because of the high high static pressure.

Thanks,

Michael

Fair enough.

I am just a work around kind of guy.

Thanks for your help. After updating the firmware, it appears all of my fans are running like they should.

How do you like your TR 2950X? I am waiting for my 2990WX to come in (tomorrow).

Thanks,

Archived