Corsair Community

HS1 randomly power cycles

PCDesmond

Hey there,

I searched the forums and found some people who had issues with their HS1's powering off and staying off. The problem I am having is, that my set is turning off, and then turning right back on. This isn't a big issue when I am in Windows, but when I am playing games, most of the time, the sound doesn't come back. I will have to exit the game and restart it for the sound to work again.

I have tried the suggestions in the other threads, and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi evry body,

I have exactly the same problem, i try so many things : desactivat all other sound peripheral, desactivate the turn off USB for power saving, uninstall all USB port, uninstall codecs, play with no sound in game or juste 2D 24 channel sound. change port USB using PCI card with USB port, but no result :'(

It happen only on recent game ( World of warcraft Test drive unlimited) and not on older (knight of the old republique II )

When it happen ( between one or tens minutes ) i have to plug off and plug in the HSI, and reboot the game and all other software that were running when the sound cut off.

(sorry for my bad english )

edit :

I just format my XP pro installation for installing windows 7 family premium 64 bit and still having the same problem. I'm a bit angry... a lot is more exact.

I really need help or support, i have try all that could be possible for me.

If you uninstall the driver and then restart with the HS1 plugged in, are you able to duplicate the same issues?

Yup. It happened with the software installed, and not installed using normal Windows drivers. No matter what, random power cycles.

I am beginning to think I was at the upper end of my power supply's threshold, but it doesn't make sense, when I can see it power cycle when no games or apps were running on the machine. Just confusing to me.

I just built a new computer, and I am going to test it on it. I tested it on my low-end laptop, and for the small amount of time I was using them, I couldn't duplicate the problem.

Archived