Corsair Community

New Corsair audio products announced (SP2200 / SP2500 / HS1A)

Wired

http://www.corsair.com/audio/speakers.html

SP2500 High-power 2.1 PC Speaker System (CA-SP211)

SP2200 2.1 PC Speaker System (CA-SP212)

Speaker Press Release

The Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 will be available in late January, 2011 and SP2200 speakers are expected to be available in late Q1, 2011, from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. The SP2500 has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $249.99 and the SP2200 has an MSRP of $99.99

Also a new headset: HS1A Gaming Headset (CA-HS1A) - 3.5mm audio jack

Headset Press Release

The Gaming Audio Series HS1A extends Corsair’s gaming headset offerings, bringing the same comfort and design as its award-winning predecessor, the HS1 USB headset, to an analog version for gamers who prefer to use their own sound cards. The HS1A uses the same generously sized earcups, 50mm drivers, memory foam earpads, and high-quality microphone as the HS1, and connects to the audio source and mic input using two 3.5mm stereo plugs. It also includes an inline volume control and microphone mute button.

“We were delighted to see the positive response to our first audio product, the Gaming Audio Series HS1 USB headset,” said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. “Based on customer feedback from thousands of survey responses, we chose to ship the full-featured HS1 USB version first, and now we are pleased to offer an analog version with the same build quality and comfort to gamers who already own high-end sound cards.”

The Corsair Gaming Audio Series HS1A ... will be available this month from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. MSRP in the U.S. of $79.99

Good news on the HS1a headset , i'll wait for some real world reviews on this as the HS1 appears to have mic issues .

The press release does'nt show whether it has an inline mute switch and/or volume control , any info available ? .

Good news on the HS1a headset , i'll wait for some real world reviews on this as the HS1 appears to have mic issues .

The press release does'nt show whether it has an inline mute switch and/or volume control , any info available ? .

As per the HS1A product page I linked to:

HS1A gaming headset with inline volume controller/microphone mute

Same as the HS1 :)

As per the HS1A product page I linked to:

Same as the HS1 :)

Yeah i saw that but was looking for a picture , hoping that the volume bit is a bit smaller seeing it does'nt have to hold all that extra usb/sound card rubbish in it now :biggrin:

I'm sorry, but I have to wonder if the Analog version is a direct result of the issues the USB version seems to have.

I've just received an email back, without any discussion back and forth, that I need to RMA my headset, due to it's (clear) but extremely quiet mic.

I now wonder if corsair is going to send me an analog version? (i'd prefer a working USB version, due to logistics of my motherboard's PCI slots and video card exhaust)

... surely they will send me a replacement USB one?

... On another note, I like the look of the speakers!

Anyone spotted a review of them anywhere, or heard from folks at CES?

That looks like one beefy sub :)

I'm sorry, but I have to wonder if the Analog version is a direct result of the issues the USB version seems to have.
Doubt it, as people were asking for an analog version before the USB one was even available (and after the USB one was announced of course).

I now wonder if corsair is going to send me an analog version? (i'd prefer a working USB version, due to logistics of my motherboard's PCI slots and video card exhaust)
It's ALWAYS been like for like. Any changes are always discussed first.

... On another note, I like the look of the speakers!

Anyone spotted a review of them anywhere, or heard from folks at CES?

That looks like one beefy sub :)

I can barely find any decent coverage of much @ CES this year, odd. Sooo many sites are just reposting another site's repost of another's repost of someone reading a press release.

Just saw this post over @ the [H]ard|Forum by Dylan Rhodes (Dir. of Marketing - Corsair Audio):

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036695001&postcount=27

The ATX connectors are due to the amount of power sent to the satellites; they're driven by amplifiers generating 56 watts for each satellite (40 to the midrange, 16 to the tweeter). The usual suspects -- RCA, 3.5mm, etc. -- aren't rated to safely handle that much power. We did consider using standard speaker wire, but since the satellites are bi-amplified, they would have required two paired cables per satellite. The extra installation time and the look of all that silvery speaker wire made us rule it out. ATX 12V connectors provided an elegant solution -- it's a four-wire cable with one-click connection.

We're preparing kits for extending speaker length for those customers for whom six feet from sat to sub isn't enough. I'm sorry we didn't have them ready at launch, but they'll be available soon.

Archived