Corsair Community

iCUE v3.10.125 Patch Notes

Corsair James

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone,

Here are the official patch notes for iCUE v3.10.125

Patch Notes for iCUE v3.10.125

•  
  • Hardware Playback for Lighting Effects are now possible for Lighting Node Pro and Commander Pro for all supported RGB Fans, Lighting Strips, and Hydro X products. To access this feature, go to Lighting Channel 1/2 and below Lightings Library, you will see "Hardware Lighting." Selecting any effect will play over all strips and fans (and there is only a limit of one effect) for that specific channel. Hardware Lighting only works when iCUE is no longer running (lock screen, quit iCUE, system startup, etc.). Please note that LL fans are now capable of Hardware Lighting as a new feature

• Left Click on all iCUE supported mice is now possible with the following prerequisite:
    A separate button on the mouse must first be assigned a Left Click. Once this occurs, Left Click will be enabled to be mappable to any other Action

• Resolved an issue with firmware not displaying properly with RGB Platinum coolers

• Opacity has been removed for Static Lighting Effect on Platinum Coolers

• Resolved an issue with LL RGB series fans remaining at 100% speed when triggered by Vengeance RGB PRO temperature settings

• Improved startup time for iCUE on Lenovo Y730 laptops

• Resolved an issue with Lighting Link and HARPOON RGB

• Corsair One blue has been added to the custom palette for Static Color

• Resolved an issue with firmware notifications appearing even though the product is on the latest version

• Resolved an issue with Hardware Profiles and custom lighting for K95 Platinum

• Resolved an issue with graph indicators appearing off the charts in Graphing Tab

• Resolved an issue with an empty Performance Tab when selecting another device

• Resolved an issue that may cause iCUE to crash if too many delays are deleted simultaneously

• Resolved an issue with iCUE icon flashing in the Windows Taskbar

• Added an indicator when a DIMM module has been rotated for Vengeance RGB PRO

• Resolved an issue with search not working properly with specific special characters

• Pong has been resolved to work properly when fans are setup appropriately (sails right side up)

• Resolved the issue of an old banner appearing

• Resolved other various minor issues and bugs

Update: There is a known issue with a certain VIA chipset and wireless products that may result in a crash when waking from sleep. The VIA 3.0 chipset in question is using driver version: 10.0.17134.1. We recommend, if possible, to switch your wireless dongle to a different USB port that isn't using this specific chipset to avoid any potential issues with device performance and iCUE.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone tell me what "Hardware Playback for Lighting Effects" is? ::pirate::

You can set a lighting effect that's saved in the hardware of fans, coolers, etc. That effect is applied when iCUE isn't running, like at bootup or shutdown. Or if you shut off the app. This means the hideous, to many, default rainbow effect can be changed.

You can set a lighting effect that's saved in the hardware of fans, coolers, etc. That effect is applied when iCUE isn't running, like at bootup or shutdown. Or if you shut off the app. This means the hideous, to many, default rainbow effect can be changed.

Oh...very nice...thanks for that!

Pong doesn't looked fixed to me.. while it's doesn't move right to left any more, it doesn't act like pong does on Link. For example, my first LL fan at the bottom front, the paddle colour is at the top of the fan, instead of bottom. Every time each fan lights up, the colours move from up to down and down to up which doesn't create the pong effect.

Fan 1 should be paddle at the bottom, then move to the top, fan 2 should the light up from the bottom and move to the top etc.. they don't. Every fan either starts at the top or the bottom depending on direction.

My rear fan is my last fan, that correctly shows the paddle lighting up at the bottom of the fan, but my first front fan, the paddle colour is at the top. The fans are mounted in exactly the same positions.

It works absolutely fine on Corsair Link, so I know my fans are all in the correct positions.

@Corsair James and @DevBiker

Awesome on the hardware lighting. I am only one user/consumer of Corsair products, but I have to think that this will enable more sales as this was a big sore spot. Honestly this was my only complaint with iCUE. Please let the development team and product management team know that this was much appreciate and I have already recommended 3 other friends towards Corsair for their builds.

• Corsair Employee
Pong doesn't looked fixed to me.. while it's doesn't move right to left any more, it doesn't act like pong does on Link. For example, my first LL fan at the bottom front, the paddle colour is at the top of the fan, instead of bottom. Every time each fan lights up, the colours move from up to down and down to up which doesn't create the pong effect.

Fan 1 should be paddle at the bottom, then move to the top, fan 2 should the light up from the bottom and move to the top etc.. they don't. Every fan either starts at the top or the bottom depending on direction.

My rear fan is my last fan, that correctly shows the paddle lighting up at the bottom of the fan, but my first front fan, the paddle colour is at the top. The fans are mounted in exactly the same positions.

It works absolutely fine on Corsair Link, so I know my fans are all in the correct positions.

I will investigate this.

Didn't fix issue with rgb pro. Still one working only in software mod, another works in non software mod. And Pong - i specially set all 4 fans to show effect correctly, now you change it. Why? Next time you will change it again so i will rotate fans again? Maybe its easy to add rotation of fans function as you did with RGB pro memory?

Can I just say (as one of the many)... thanks Corsair for fixing this!! - I am now super happy that my PC is booting & shutting down with the same sweet lighting that it has when iCue is up & running - :biggrin: Keep up the good work in always improving this app :D:

Since the v3.10.125 update my Icue crashes everytime I press the DASHBOARD button. This is very annoying because I was using that dashboard a lot to monitor many different temps at the same time. Any idea if this is being worked on?

Also, since the update some of my components don't appear on the list of devices. It happens most often with my H150i Pro and sometimes with my 2 8GB sticks of Vengence RGB Pro. If anyone knows anything about this I'd appreciate the help.

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this but anyways.

Thanks for implementing the hardware lighting! Created an account just to say I very much enjoy not getting blasted by a whirlwind of rainbow by my new LL120's while starting my computer and also point out a possible bug or issue.

Again, not sure if this is the right place to put this but, it seems there's an issue with the hardware lighting with my H115i PRO RGB. My LL120's function exactly as they should and start up in their static red however the H115i PRO RGB does not. I'd like to be clear here and point out that this isn't some whining complaint. I honestly don't really care as it and my MM800 are fairly subtle (unlike the LL's). Just letting ya'll know there's an issue.

Interestingly enough I've discovered that it is only on boot that the RGB of the H115 is defaulting to the rainbow effect. When I power off my PC, and also if I simply close the software, the RGB effect does in fact remain it's static color of red.

Anyways, thanks again for this update!

The MM800 doesn't have any onboard memory so ... it's gonna be rainbow. Nothing can be done with that.

As for the cooler, have tried saving the fan profile and static lighting to the device? You should have an icon in the hamburger menu when you are on the cooler that will do this.

After this update I restarted my PC and to my surprise, during start up I think it was, I noticed my fans were in the Corsair Link rainbow Spiral mode which is different to iCues version. I went looking for it in the pre defined modes but couldn’t find it.

Am I blind or is it not there? It’d be nice if it was available.

I expect this was triggered under hardware lightening as the iCue was off during the startup.

The MM800 doesn't have any onboard memory so ... it's gonna be rainbow. Nothing can be done with that.

Of course. I merely was saying that the lighting is subtle. Sorry if there was confusion there.

As for the cooler, have tried saving the fan profile and static lighting to the device?

Indeed I have. From my original post:

Interestingly enough I've discovered that it is only on boot that the RGB of the H115 is defaulting to the rainbow effect. When I power off my PC, and also if I simply close the software, the RGB effect does in fact remain it's static color of red.

So the hardware lighting is "somewhat saved to the device" as it displays the proper static lighting profile when the software is turned off. Just not when I power on my system. You can see HERE and HERE that I have both "hardware lighting" and "Lighting Effects" set to the same configuration.

You should have an icon in the hamburger menu when you are on the cooler that will do this.

As for "the icon in the hamburger menu" I can only assume you mean that triple horizontal bar icon to the right of each profile header? Also, I assume that this presence of a "save to device" button would be similar to how it is in my K70s menu? If both of these assumptions are correct then you can see by this photo that such a button does not exsist as only "Save Proformance to Device" is present.

Thanks for your responses!

Edited for clarity and more photos.

Just updated to the new version, I see the first fixes for the default rainbow mode are there, however they don't seem to work for the vengeance RGB ram or the Corsair ST100 headphones stand?

I know there needs to be some memory in the device to fix that, but I don't mind the rainbow thing during startup (it would be better if it was the fixed color however), but I don't get why the default goes to rainbow on my ram/headphone stance when I lock my computer.

If I kill iCue in the task manager, the color remains the same and it doesn't default to the rainbow mode, so it must be possible to program this somehow?

Just updated to the new version, I see the first fixes for the default rainbow mode are there, however they don't seem to work for the vengeance RGB ram or the Corsair ST100 headphones stand?

I know there needs to be some memory in the device to fix that, but I don't mind the rainbow thing during startup (it would be better if it was the fixed color however), but I don't get why the default goes to rainbow on my ram/headphone stance when I lock my computer.

If I kill iCue in the task manager, the color remains the same and it doesn't default to the rainbow mode, so it must be possible to program this somehow?

Do you have the memory set to Software Control? If so, set disable that and set a hardware profile. Then you can re-enabled Software Control.

And the ST100 doesn't have any onboard memory. So, unfortunately, there's nothing to be done for that.

But neither do the LLs so how is it done with them? I dont even mind if i had to firmware update for different lighting effects on my mm800 but hey it doesnt happen very often at all so i can live with it.

After this update I restarted my PC and to my surprise, during start up I think it was, I noticed my fans were in the Corsair Link rainbow Spiral mode which is different to iCues version. I went looking for it in the pre defined modes but couldn’t find it.

Am I blind or is it not there? It’d be nice if it was available.

I expect this was triggered under hardware lightening as the iCue was off during the startup.

Does anyone have any insight to the about? ^^^^

Archived