Corsair Community

Motherboard Temp#3 at 125 Celsius?

danijelsh

I turned it off completely and went for a lunch. 20 minutes later, I started it and it seems it's running normal now, it's around the temperatures of the other sensors, ~40 degrees. Do you know maybe where the four sensors are placed inside the case?

After restarting, the third sensor goes to normal values, but here's something else I noticed after figuring that corsair link probably has some problems:

speedfan doesn't even show the temp#3 sensor and crazy high temperature values, hwmonitor shows SYSTIN at 109 degrees C all the time and speccy also shows motherboard temperature at 109, even though this reading doesn't show up in corsair link. I tried turning off the computer for about an hour, and immediately after turning it on, both apps show 109 degrees for motherboard. Really, from a cold start, just 10-15 seconds later, some temperature rises from room temp to 109 degrees? Yeah, sure...

People who bought corsiar one, post your temps, use different apps to measure, I'm interested in your experience.

All of speccy + hwmonitor + corsair link use the same CPUID SDK so are likely to report similar, though I suspect different versions which is why there are differences and why you need to specify version numbers.

It would also be easier to comment if you used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra.

This happens quite often with one example being http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225. If you post the save files from my SIV utility I could comment further.

• Corsair Employee

Hi danijelsh,

Sorry to hear you are having this problem, have you contacted our technical support on this matter?

https://corsair.secure.force.com/corsairone/apex/siteLogin

I will investigate this issue on my end.

Silly to ask, but is your CORSAIR ONE heating up or just the sensor readings are just rapidly increasing?

@red-ray I've updated my system specs, Corsair link version is 4.4.0.106, Speccy is 64-bit 1.30.730, HWMonitor is 1.31.0 with driver version 143, Speedfan version is 4.52. And you have the SIV report in the attachment, I selected the values you instructed in that other topic.

@Corsair Alan I haven't contacted the tech support, I didn't have a chance to game on this machine yet and I'm not doing video editing. I'm only doing audio recording and editing since I got it, so it's running cool all the time. When I put my hand above the top fan, the air exhausted is not much hotter than the room temperature (subjectively 5 degrees), it's not >>hot<< for sure. So, the machine is not heating up, only this one sensor acts weird, and it's not even all the time, just a couple of times so far. Especially this motherboard/systin reading that stays at 109-111 degrees C even after booting from a cold start (one hour cooldown), and 15-20 seconds later when all of the temp measurement apps initialize.

SIV_CORSAIRONE.txt

I selected the values you instructed in that other topic.

No you didn't, you only selected [overview] + [sensors] + [hw-status] + [smb-end] which limits what I can deduce. I also need SIV_CORSAIRONE.dmi.

From what is there I can see the DMI reports it as a "CORSAIR CORSAIR ONE" rather than an "MSI MS-7A66" which is why SIV reported "T1 SYSTIN 109.0°C". This value should not be reported for "MSI MS-7A66".

For this motherboard I need to adjust SIV and suspect the same is true for the other utilities. To do this I need SIV_CORSAIRONE.dmi.

I can see you got SIV but I need the file generated by doing Menu->File->Save Selected, pressing [Clear All], selecting the [overview] + [pmb] + [sensors] + [link-status] + [link-devices] + [cpuid] + [gpu-info] + [smb-bus] + [pmb-bus] + [embedded] + [io-mmio] + [hw-status] + [cooling] + [smb-end] sections and finally pressing [start] - see below.

Sorry about that, I selected the values you instructed in your first reply, I didn't read the other reply. Just to be clear, what values should I select now before sending you both txt and dmi files?

As I quoted above, but I really only need the .DMI file as I have other SIV save files from real "MSI MS-7A66" boards.

Ideally you would press [Minimal] as this would allow me to better test the changes.

Once I figured out what is needed I should be able to tell you what changes the other authors need to make.

You could try CL 4.7.0.77 and see if it does any better, on my system it totally stopped reporting my motherboard and CPUs, which is far from ideal.

Thank you. It will be trivial to fix SIV. If you look at [Machine] you should see "System CORSAIR ONE" + "Board 1.0 Z270I CORSAIR ONE (MS-7A66)". All I need to do is parse out the MS-7A66.

Would you like to test an fixed SIV?

Yes, sure. Send it.

Great, I have done the edits and SIV now reports correctly. I plan to make the top line report as below, how does that look to you please?

Windows 10 x64 Home (Single User) V10.00 Build 15063 RS2 MSI MS-7A66 - Z270I Corsair One CORSAIRONE::...

I was rather surprised SIV detected and reported a CoolIT H0x50iGT as I had never even heard of this cooler :eek:. Please can you tell me what size it is etc.? I just Googled H0x50iGT and there is no information at all.

I have attached SIV 5.20 Test-01 which should remove the silly temperature and tidy up the H0x50iGT reporting. Please let me know how it does and also attach new [Minimal] save files so I can check all the changes work as I intended. You may as well remove the old save files.

I suspect the CORSAIR ONE changes will improve the reporting of other CORSAIR ONE boards.

• Corsair Employee

I have to request that end users not run SIV on Corsair One. While we're generally okay with customers opting to run SIV instead of Corsair Link with our other Link-enabled products, the Link software and hardware run in Corsair One are very specifically tailored to that system.

Third party fan control software on Corsair One runs the risk of causing the system to overheat or doing other damage.

Great, I have done the edits and SIV now reports correctly. I plan to make the top line report as below, how does that look to you please?

Windows 10 x64 Home (Single User) V10.00 Build 15063 RS2 MSI MS-7A66 - Z270I Corsair One CORSAIRONE::...

I was rather surprised SIV detected and reported a CoolIT H0x50iGT as I had never even heard of this cooler :eek:. Please can you tell me what size it is etc.? I just Googled H0x50iGT and there is no information at all.

I have attached SIV 5.20 Test-01 which should remove the silly temperature and tidy up the H0x50iGT reporting. Please let me know how it does and also attach new [Minimal] save files so I can check all the changes work as I intended. You may as well remove the old save files.

I suspect the COUSAIR ONE changes will improve the reporting of other COUSAIR ONE boards.

I have to request that end users not run SIV on Corsair One. While we're generally okay with customers opting to run SIV instead of Corsair Link with our other Link-enabled products, the Link software and hardware run in Corsair One are very specifically tailored to that system.

Third party fan control software on Corsair One runs the risk of causing the system to overheat or doing other damage.

I feel you need to be clear about when SIV can be used as SIV can be run in two modes:

1. Just monitoring the system much the same as AIDA64 + CPUZ + HWM + HWiNFO do.
  2. Specifying -AIOCTL and using SIV to control the CoolIT H0x50iGT cooler.

Please can you comment on:

1. I expect #1 must be OK, can you confirm this?
  2. Would you like me to get SIV to detect the system is a Corsair One and block the use of -AIOCTL?

• Corsair Employee
I feel you need to be clear about when SIV can be used as SIV can be run in two modes:

1. Just monitoring the system much the same as AIDA64 + CPUZ + HWM + HWiNFO do.
  2. Specifying -AIOCTL and using SIV to control the CoolIT H0x50iGT cooler.

Please can you comment on:

1. I expect #1 must be OK, can you confirm this?
  2. Would you like me to get SIV to detect the system is a Corsair One and block the use of -AIOCTL?

Monitoring is totally fine. SIV absolutely can monitor Corsair One, I have no problems with that.

But I would appreciate if you blocked control of the cooling system. On Corsair One it's a safety thing; that thermal design is pretty intricate and has been optimized to run as quietly as possible without negatively affecting performance. If you implement that check, SIV has my blessing.

1. Monitoring is totally fine. SIV absolutely can monitor Corsair One, I have no problems with that.
  2. But I would appreciate if you blocked control of the cooling system.
  3. On Corsair One it's a safety thing; that thermal design is pretty intricate and has been optimized to run as quietly as possible without negatively affecting performance.
  4. If you implement that check, SIV has my blessing.

1. Thank you for confirming this.
  2. I feel Corsair would have been wise to ask me to do this before the Corsair One was released :idea:.
  3. I am rather surprised Corsair wish me to stop SIV from controlling the Corsair One cooling given SIV usually works better than CL4 :confused:.
  4. OK, I will try and add support, but I only have a sample of one Corsair One system.
  5. My plan is to use the SMBIOS/DMI descriptions to know it's a Corsair One as this works well for all the other SIV motherboard specific code.
  6. I assume there are/will be a few different Corsair One motherboards, can you tell me what the SIV [Machine] reports for those.
  7. If -AIOCTL is specified on a Corsair One system I plan to pop up a panel reporting this is not allowed and linking to these posts.
  8. Below is my initial panel, do you feel this is appropriate?
  9. I am wondering if these posts should be moved to a dedicated thread, what do you think?
  10. Would Corsair like to validate my implementation?

attachment.php?attachmentid=29030&stc=1&d=1495004150

attachment.php?attachmentid=29073&stc=1&d=1495120224

43316648_MachineforCorsairOne.png.017fb0df86e03cf46486f3dbe6f8a137.png

1543480699_AIOCTLonCorsairOne.png.cc48360816b3f3f596d5c4d9b7a0de20.png

Hey, man, sorry, I fell asleep last night. Version 5.20 now reports as you said

"Windows 10 x64 Home (Single User) V10.00 Build 15063 RS2 MSI MS-7A66 - Z270I Corsair One CORSAIRONE"

Also, beneath those lines, under NCT6795D, there's no more high valued SYSTIN reading, like in 5.19. Corsair link 4.4.0.106 acts normal, I didn't try the 4.7.0.77 version you linked because this one didn't show abnormal readings in the last two days.

As for the H0x50iGT, I have no idea what it is, I can only guess it's a smaller or modded brother of H80iGT, at least it might be from the same family. The temperature readings from Corsair link suggest that it's a GPU cooler. As much as I would like to help you, I understand that opening the sides of Corsair ONE would void the warranty.

Here are the screenshots from both 5.19 and 5.20 temperature readings.

So in the end, what is SYSTIN, does the sensor for that even exist on my motherboard and how does CL and other apps come up with the 110 degrees readings?

edit: attachments

1106705108_5.19temps.PNG.f4d5a950cc267ea6f484425397682338.PNG

1203980186_5.20temps.PNG.badfb5a5a217222ae93a63c98d31379d.PNG

SIV_CORSAIRONE.txt

SIV_CORSAIRONE dmi.zip

1. Corsair link 4.4.0.106 acts normal
  2. As for the H0x50iGT, I have no idea what it is, I can only guess it's a smaller or modded brother of H80iGT, at least it might be from the same family.
  3. So in the end, what is SYSTIN, does the sensor for that even exist on my motherboard and how does CL and other apps come up with the 110 degrees readings?

Thank you for running the tests and save files, SIV worked as I hoped :biggrin:.

1. I recall CL4 totally failed to report the NCT6795D readings. For me to sensibly comment you would need to post one screen shot showing both the CL4 [home] tab + the SIV [Cooling Status] (Menu->Hardware->Cooling Status) panel. I suspect CL4 only reports what SIV calls Zone TZ00 + Zone TZ01.
  2. No, The H0x50iGT is made by CoolIT and the H80iGT by Asetek, so they are totally different. OK about the system being sealed, maybe Corsair Dustin will provide some insight.
  3. SYSTIN is a possible temperature input to the NCT6795D, but on the MSI MS-7A66 I expect it's not connected up so has no meaning. The 110°C is basically a random number.
  4. I have e-mailed the AIDA64 + CPUZ (CPUID SDK) + HWiNFO authors and as CL4 uses the CPUID SDK a future CL4 release should do better.

Dustin what is the H0x50iGT in terms of size, etc. and are might Corsair sell it on it's own? It would be great if there was a small CoolIT :biggrin: cooler as I am none too fond of the silly Asetek protocol :(:.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29037&d=1495030602

To me it looks like Corsair must have adjusted CL 4.4.0.106 for the Corsair One and it's now rather obvious the H0x50iGT cools the GeForce GTX 1080.

I am rather surprised CL 4.4.0.106 fails to report the pump speed and wonder if this is a bug or a feature, either way I feel CL4 should report the pump speed as this is rather useful when pumps fail.

BTW SIV 5.20 Beta-01 is now available, please do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta and update from the test SIV.

• Corsair Employee

Your implementation per this post is fine by me.

Re: Link vs. SIV, the version of Corsair Link used in Corsair One is its own branch and engineered specifically for Corsair One.

1. Thank you for confirming this.
  2. I feel Corsair would have been wise to ask me to do this before the Corsair One was released :idea:.
  3. I am rather surprised Corsair wish me to stop SIV from controlling the Corsair One cooling given SIV usually works better than CL4 :confused:.
  4. OK, I will try and add support, but I only have a sample of one Corsair One system.
  5. My plan is to use the SMBIOS/DMI descriptions to know it's a Corsair One as this works well for all the other SIV motherboard specific code.
  6. I assume there are/will be a few different Corsair One motherboards, can you tell me what the SIV [Machine] reports for those.
  7. If -AIOCTL is specified on a Corsair One system I plan to pop up a panel reporting this is not allowed and linking to these posts.
  8. Below is my initial panel, do you feel this is appropriate?
  9. I am wondering if these posts should be moved to a dedicated thread, what do you think?
  10. Would Corsair like to validate my implementation?

And there it is again. These are the temperatures while gaming (not too graphically intensive game). Notice how the SIV shows the temps at 127, then a window popped up, and it switched the current to 0, it was also 127. Upon reopening the app it didn't show T2 CPUTIN anymore. The case exhausts warm air at the top, and the fans still can't be heard, they didn't ramp up.

Capture.thumb.PNG.d15618d7848cafd03abfc344f09c252f.PNG

Capture2.PNG.b836a34087ceb2c14155c73a671d02c8.PNG

Archived