Corsair Community

Tx850 not working

Timberbtc

I bought a tx 850 v2 about a month ago got in put in the computer and didn't work. Power button just kept blinking and the fans ran but that was it. I swapped out the old psu back in and it worked fine. Did that about 3 times with same result. So I sent it back to new egg and I just got in the replacement. Of course it's doing the same thing. Am I missing something with the model psu or can it be I got another bad one?

I bought a tx 850 v2 about a month ago got in put in the computer and didn't work. Power button just kept blinking and the fans ran but that was it. I swapped out the old psu back in and it worked fine. Did that about 3 times with same result. So I sent it back to new egg and I just got in the replacement. Of course it's doing the same thing. Am I missing something with the model psu or can it be I got another bad one?

Can you please put your complete system specifications into your dropdown menu as requested at registration? We need to be able to see your hardware to assist you.

I purchased a TX850W about 4 years ago and it did the same thing. Installed it into my system and only the fans would spin. I toggled the power switch about 10 times and also unplugged the power cord from the PSU and plugged it back in about 10 times. I tried the power button on my computer case after each try. Dead each time. Then after about 10 tries I pushed the power button on my case and the system booted up. I've been running my rig now for about 4 years on the same PSU and it's been working great. I have no idea why it wouldn't start up at first. I thought I was going to have to take it back to the store. But it was just one of those quirks I guess. I'm not saying this will fix your problem but it's worth a shot. Good luck.

Archived