Corsair Community

Button Oddities

Crystalis

Ok, so just got a Dark Core RGB mouse the other day, and the behavior is regardless of if I have it wired or wireless. The 'forward' and 'back' buttons seem to just be dead. I had assumed that meant for web browsing fuctionality (like many mice have in that area) but it does nothing. I can press the sniper button and it definitely reduces my DPI so I know that one works. I played with the iCue software for a minute and made a second test profile and tried to remap forward/back in that profile, but am not sure I did it right. I did notice though that the 'profile' button doesn't seem to change profiles between my default and the new one though, unless iCue just doesn't show that by default? I'll watch the tutorials for iCue to get a better grip on that, just curious why 'forward/back/profile' seem to be dead at the moment. I haven't tested DPI up/down so can't say there. Left/right/middle are all functioning as expected. Oh, one other thing - the multi-purpose LED indicator also never changes. I plugged the mouse in to charge when I got it, and there was never an indicator that it was charging/full there. It is just continually light blue and the bottom LED on only.

Additional info : I just tested the DPI up/down buttons, they definitely work AND they actually make the multi-purpose LED indicator's other 2 lights go blue. Plus I then tested sniper mode again and I note that it does properly indicate sniper mode via all three going yellow. Still no changes when I press the profile change button though.

Can I get a screenshot of what you have listed under Actions in iCUE?

For the default profile there are no actions. I didn't do any modifications, so that's how it started. Would that affect the forward/backward/profile buttons actions?

*edit* I tried taking a screenshot of the modified profile but every time I take focus from iCUE it seems to auto-switch back to the default?

Edited by Crystalis
additional info

can you temporarily deactivate the profile specificity on the modified profile? then you can screen capture it and share it and go back as needed?

How would I do that? I have yet to figure out how to move between profiles/activate other profiles. The hardware button doesn't seem to do that and using the iCUE software just selecting the profile doesn't change it.

Your issue actually sounds unrelated to iCUE's settings. Try the solution here: https://support.corsair.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/77/kw/clean

It sounds like the driver isn't operating correctly.

So that link shows an uninstall for an application I don't show installed. I only have the Corsair iCUE software showing rather than a utility engine. It was the only software they link on their website for the mouse. I do have the registry keys mentioned in the article you linked, should I remove the iCUE software and then otherwise follow the steps in the article?

*edit* I decided to just try a 'repair' against the iCUE software and viola! Forward/back working as anticipated! I'm still a little confused about the 'switch profiles' button as it doesn't seem to want to do anything. Perhaps I should still go for the clean reinstall, substituting the iCUE software for the Corsair Utility Engine (which could well be what the CUE of iCUE stands for) in the example in your link?

Edited by Crystalis

Yea, basically. CUE was the shorthand for CUE2, which was short for Corsair Utility Engine. iCUE is CUE3, but the directions here are the same.

Well, forward/backward randomly stopped working again. I went through the clean uninstall steps (going so far as to get the root corsair registry folder in both hklm and hkcu locations as I've never used other corsair software previously) and then re-installed it and that seems to have resolved forward/backward again. Interestingly it kept the one test profile I played around with and copied it back to iCUE when I connected it via tether to calibrate for the surface again.

I'm still not sure if the profile button is doing anything, that may be my lack of understanding. It doesn't make the multi-purpose LED change at all, which I thought it should. I did initiate wireless pairing which requires holding that button while powering on and the software stated I did it properly, which indicates the button shouldn't be defective from a hardware perspective.