Corsair Community

Liquid Temperature

knives88

I recently replaced an H110i with H115i Platinum and noticed a very high liquid temperature difference, but the processor temperature has not changed.

PC / fans (2xNF A-14) / Pump speed (2900Rpm) / installation position (top) are the same.

For examples :

Session of same game: H110i 39 ° C - H115i P. 33 ° C

Idle dekstop: H110i 28 ° C - H115i P. 25 ° C (with ambient temperature 24 ° C)

I also noticed that the temperature of the liquid in the H115i P. takes a long time to increase / decrease (minutes), instead in the H110i at each second it increases / decreases, based on processor load.

How is this difference possible? Faulty sensor (but which one)?

I also noticed that the temperature of the liquid in the H115i P. takes a long time to increase / decrease (minutes), instead in the H110i at each second it increases / decreases, based on processor load.

How is this difference possible? Faulty sensor (but which one)?

This is how it's supposed to be. If the H110i was shifting temperature rapidly, that might suggest some of its efficiency had declined. Ironically, there is a sensor placement issue with some of the Platinum coolers where the water temp sensor is unduly affected by the LED heat. That would make the coolant temp appear to change rapidly, although the readings would be false. Looks like you don't have that issue.

Even in my dual 280mm system, it takes 30 seconds to drop 1C from the coolant with no load. You don't want to see rapid changes in temperature. It does not mean heat is being more effectively conducted from CPU to coolant stream. It usually means heat is not being efficiently released from the cooler.

Ok thank you for feedback.

H110i liquid decrease 4 - 5 ° C in few seconds when I close Prime 95

P.S. A few months ago I had disassembled my old H100i and the temperature sensor is not in contact with the liquid but with the cold plate.

H110i should have the same construction type as the pump block, if this were the case I think this type of behavior is normal, the liquid takes longer than the cold plate to heat up.

Maybe H115i Platinum has the sensor in direct contact with the liquid and the temperature change is much less sudden.

Archived