Corsair Community

AX1600i and two different Type 4 SATA-cables?

Petros

Hi,

I've got here an AX1600i PSU that had 3x4 and 2x2 Type 4 SATA-cable included (so 16 in total), 34-000384 seems to be the article number that is printed on it (at least on one of them, I guess it was one with 4x SATA).

I need to plug 20 SATA HDDs and SSDs in total and wanted to replace the 2x2 SATA with 2x4 SATA Type 4, so I ordered CP-8920192 https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/premium-individually-sleeved-sata-cable-type-4-generation-3-config/p/CP-8920192#tab-tech-specs

This one has unhoped another connector configuration, how this?

The pin missing is at my included cable the one in the middle next to the hook, at the new buyed one it is at the opposite of the hook.

Can I use it yet or not? Or which one can I use for the AX1600i?

Thank you in advance for information.

If you have 20 disks you are going to need large box to hold them all. Usually such a case has brackets for disks and backplane so you need only add some power for the backplane.

A home make box you can use Molex to SATA cables with as many as 4 SATA off of them, check on ebay for Molex to SATA

For Corsair cables, you PSU uses type 3 or type 4 cables same as mine for peripherals. Make sure the peripheral cables are not connected to the PCI Express power plugs.

I'd lie a little bit :roll: I will install 14 HDDs and 8 SSDs, the SSDs in an Icy dock who need two SATA power ports. It's a total of 16 ports only but there are three spots in my case where I can use only 3 of 4 SATA plugs, the other one of each sleeve can't reach the next disk.

The new Type 4 cables with the missing pin at the opposite is wrong for my PSU? Did the Type 3 one's have the missing pin also at the nearest point to the hook? But where to find Type 3 now in Germany? Google's listening only Type 4 Gen 3 :eek: Do you know the part number of them?

• 4 weeks later...

Another question regarding the AX1600i cables .... I've seen Type 4 (Generation3) as well as Type 4 (Generation 4)

They have different part numbers and a price difference as well. What's the difference between the two and which is appropriate for the AX1600i ?

• Corsair Employee
Another question regarding the AX1600i cables .... I've seen Type 4 (Generation3) as well as Type 4 (Generation 4)

They have different part numbers and a price difference as well. What's the difference between the two and which is appropriate for the AX1600i ?

The Generation 4 is our newest premium sleeved cables. They come with a better overall sleeving material and a better cable comb if purchased in the full kit.