The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD) > SSD Firmware Update

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 87 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 09:32 PM
reg66's PC Specs

POST ID # = 556561
reg66 Reputation: 10

i've seen a couple of people that have had success with resuming from sleep with a combination of update 2.4 and (RST) SATA ACHI Controller 10.1.0.1008 or rst 10.8.0.1003

pleeeeeease! i want to try this but my gigabyte ga p35 ds3 doesn't have the drivers to download from their support page. tried ones dl'd from intel site but get the message 'this computer does not meet the minimum standards for installing the software'.

i appreciate the board is quite old, but can anyone tell me if there's ANY way to install these drivers??

(yes, i have tried all combinations of bios settings, two motherboards, one amd, one intel etc etc, i just really want to try this 'fix' if i can)

many thanks

[also, to administrator 'wired', you said '70 posts in 1 year (some by the same people) isn't exactly indicative of an underlying issue when they've sold what probably amounts to tens if not hundreds of thousands of drives'. maybe it would be better to judge by the amounts of views this thread has had, rather than the few people who have commented - many people trawl about the net for solutions and leave no comment. viewers of this thread and the 2.4 update thread are above 25000. if customers just installed these drives with no issues, they would have little reason to search for updates/workarounds etc (assuming they're getting full speeds from the drives)]

Last edited by reg66; 01-22-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 556564
Wired Reputation: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg66 View Post
also, to administrator 'wired', you said '70 posts in 1 year (some by the same people) isn't exactly indicative of an underlying issue when they've sold what probably amounts to tens if not hundreds of thousands of drives'. maybe it would be better to judge by the amounts of views this thread has had, rather than the few people who have commented - many people trawl about the net for solutions and leave no comment. viewers of this thread and the 2.4 update thread are above 25000. if customers just installed these drives with no issues, they would have little reason to search for updates/workarounds etc (assuming they're getting full speeds from the drives)
Thread views isn't an indication either since we get hit by search bots all the time. It's also very easy to artificially bump up the views (just hit refresh).
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 01-23-2012, 12:01 PM
reg66's PC Specs

POST ID # = 556721
reg66 Reputation: 10

ahh, ok.

wired, would you know if there's any point keep trawling around trying to find rst/sata controllers that work (10.1.0.1008 upwards).
ie. is my motherboard possibly just too old to be compatible with them? i really want to try this as a fix.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:20 PM

POST ID # = 573751
Pixel91 Reputation: 10

So, did I get this right.....this Thread was opened in May 2011 where it was said that, and I quote "We are currently qualifying several MP4 firmware versions to evaluate their reliability and effectiveness at addressing these issues."

So, now it's almost a year later. And nothing's changed. This some sort of joke?

I need at least 5 tries on every startup for my drive (F120) to be detected. Yes, Firmware is up to date. No, I cannot use the workaround (Laptop-BIOS), not that I'd want to, at any rate, just not acceptable.

Is it safe to asume (yes, I'm making an *** out of you and me) that work on this was simply abandoned to work on the newer series?

Because if so, the drive will make a trip into the next available garbage can as well as every chance of me ever buying a Corsair product again.

Last edited by Wired; 04-21-2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: don't go around the filter

Old 04-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 573780
Wired Reputation: 32

As per the rules, please don't go around the filter.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 05-08-2012, 04:00 PM
LOLinger78's PC Specs

POST ID # = 577172
LOLinger78 Reputation: 10

Hi,

I bought my drive (Force 60GB) March 2011 with a "pre-2.0" firmware and from start on I had BSODs on S3 wake-up in like 80% of cases.

Since then I frequently updated my firmware with the latest updates but the problem never vanished.
Id say firware version 2.0 "improved" the problem from 80% to "only" 70% BSODs after wakeups - but still this is not acceptable at all.

My personal workaround was to just shut the system down after each use and reboot on the next time i need the system.

Works pretty well for me :-)

(although S3 wakeups would be better)

Old 05-21-2012, 09:48 PM
joss's PC Specs

POST ID # = 579798
joss Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoRevelation View Post
Microsoft recently released an update to Windows 7 pertaining to hibernation/memory dump issues, you can view the information here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2541014. Microsoft has made this available through Windows Update. Does anyone know if this pertains to the relevant issues involving the Performance 3 and Force series SSDs, and if so, should those experiencing those issues install this update?

Thanks
Windows6.1-KB977178-x86

Helped with my F60 but still occasional restarts with longer sleeps 2h+

Old 12-13-2012, 06:28 PM
RaySajuuk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 619523
RaySajuuk Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
The Corsair Force Series SSDs continue to offer blistering performance with an awesome combination of read and write speeds. We are continually working with SandForce to improve and support our SSD line up. We have noticed that since our most recent firmware update for the Force 1200 series, released in November of 2010, that a small number of users are still having issues relating to startup and hibernation. In some cases, these issues relate to how certain systems boot up or recover from a hibernation state.

We are currently qualifying several MP4 firmware versions to evaluate their reliability and effectiveness at addressing these issues. However, they are not ready for release at this time. We have determined that some users with these startup and hibernation issues can benefit from using a work around. Many BIOS’ have a feature that occurs during the POST process relating to boot speed called Quick boot, Fast boot, or some similar variation of this term. This setting can contribute to these start up and hibernation issues.

If you are an user with these issues, we have prepared a guide for disabling this quick boot feature. These screen shots are from a AMI BIOS on an ASUS motherboard. Your individual BIOS may differ in either layout or terminology. If you are not certain which term your BIOS uses for the quick boot feature, or how to enter and navigate inside your BIOS, please refer to your manual or your motherboard manufacturer for assistance.

Step 1. Enter your BIOS. Typically this is done using the Delete key or F1 key.

Step 2. Navigate to the Boot section and enter this section.

On laptops, the BIOS may appear a bit differently but, the navigation and selection is essentially the same.

Step 3. Navigate to the Quick Boot option and set it to disabled.

And again, the navigation is very similar on a laptop.

Step 4. Save the settings, exit the BIOS, and reboot.
hi there my mobo is GA-X79S-Wifi but in UEFI BIOS there's no such option. how can u do that?

Old 12-13-2012, 07:24 PM

POST ID # = 619534
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Are you using the drive in your signature, the Neutron series drive?

Old 12-14-2012, 02:24 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 619579
Technobeard Reputation: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Are you using the drive in your signature, the Neutron series drive?
He also has a Force Series 3 120 GB in his profile.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:27 PM

POST ID # = 619676
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
He also has a Force Series 3 120 GB in his profile.
Right and this thread does not apply to either drive; Neutron or Force 3.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:49 AM

POST ID # = 635341
munkong Reputation: 10

I have been having issues with Corsair Force F120GB for Windows 7 resume from sleep for a long time!

But I just tried the Intel Rapid Storage Technology 11.7.0.1013 driver. It solved my recovery from sleep issues! (Tried over 10+ times) I'm so happy at last my ssd worked well in this important area.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...age+technology

Old 02-21-2013, 05:37 AM
mauromol's PC Specs

POST ID # = 635357
mauromol Reputation: 10

Which firmware version do you have on your F120GB?
I'm still stuck at 2.0 version because Corsair never released the "alternate package" for the 2.4 firmware version upgrade. Moreover I don't have an Intel SATA chipset. So, resuming from sleep is still an issue! :-(

Old 07-09-2013, 04:38 PM

POST ID # = 664014
Jorge Reputation: 10

Any news on this? I have an F120 and never had sleep working correctly. First bought it for my desktop (win7) then moved it to a new laptop (win8) and currently have win 8.1 preview installed. Sleep was always very unreliable!

I understand it's an old drive, a survivor, perhaps. But it's still working and it's still fast. I don't want to have to buy a new one because of sleep issues.

The message I get in the BSOD is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, by the way.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:08 AM

POST ID # = 878527
Cors_irFixMySSD Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
Any news on this? I have an F120 and never had sleep working correctly. First bought it for my desktop (win7) then moved it to a new laptop (win8) and currently have win 8.1 preview installed. Sleep was always very unreliable!

I understand it's an old drive, a survivor, perhaps. But it's still working and it's still fast. I don't want to have to buy a new one because of sleep issues.

The message I get in the BSOD is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, by the way.
No, Corsair is not willing to help even with a little help with Firmware 2.4 update - their update tool is not working.

Reply from support:
Quote:
The serial number would put it outside of the warranty period. Please purchase a replacement and/or back up your data.
Quote:
I'm sorry, I can't help you any longer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: