Corsair Community

CUE does not detect scimitar mouse after update

DrPineapple

Today I updated CUE, however I now have a new problem, it does not detect my scimitar mouse anymore. I have both a corsair scimitar mouse and strafe rgb keyboard, I have never had any problems with the keyboard, however the scimitar mouse has been nothing but a headache for me since I got it. As of right now I can't even use it because CUE does not detect it. Ive unplugged it and plugged it back in, CUE prompts me to update the scimitar firmware which I do, it then tells me the firmware has been updated succesfully but nothing happens. I tried forcing the update from the strafe rgb devices in CUE, which made it then detect the mouse, however it messed up the keyboard. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled CUE and repaired it several times and nothing. I would please like a fix or a recommendation for a fix soon as my scimitar mouse is completely useless at this point.

Is the mouse on FW 2.01?

Important Note:

Please ensure your Scimitar device is updated to FW 2.01 with 1.15.36. Once your Scimitar device is updated, it will no longer be compatible with previous versions of CUE.

During a firmware or software update for any Corsair peripheral, CUE may need additional components and time from a Window’s Driver Software Installation to complete the process.

If you have to abort at any part of the process, simply reconnect the device and select Update Firmware from the Devices -> Settings Menu, and choose “Force Update from Server” to re-initiate the update.

Tried everything in the book.

Tried:

- Updating the firmware a gazillion times;

- Reverting to older CUE Software;

- Reinstalling CUE software;

- Switching USB Controller;

- Switching from USB2 to USB3;

- Tried with elevated privileges.

Keeps telling me to update the firmware, it is already on 2.01. It's broke. Solution needs to come from Corsair in the form of correct software which has been through QA.

CUE Software version: 1.15.36

Firmware version: 2.01

Bootloader version: 0.02

Status Malfunction.

Support ticket created.

I am having the same issue, seems I have a few different logs. I have tried updating software, firmware, changing usb ports, restarting my computer. I don't have the ability to try it on a different computer since this is my only one. Also when I tried to upload log files, the website tells me that it is an invalid filetype

• Corsair Employee
I am having the same issue, seems I have a few different logs. I have tried updating software, firmware, changing usb ports, restarting my computer. I don't have the ability to try it on a different computer since this is my only one. Also when I tried to upload log files, the website tells me that it is an invalid filetype

Can you try reinstalling CUE to see if that will address your issue? Or perhaps try changing usb port?

What mobo are you using?

Can you try reinstalling CUE to see if that will address your issue? Or perhaps try changing usb port?

What mobo are you using?

I have just installed the CUE on my desktop. Then downloaded the new firmware. I have uninstalled it twice and reinstalled it with no luck. I have also tried every USB port on my computer to no avail. I am still not able to click on the "Profile" tab. Would running Windows 7 effect this?

I have just installed the CUE on my desktop. Then downloaded the new firmware. I have uninstalled it twice and reinstalled it with no luck. I have also tried every USB port on my computer to no avail. I am still not able to click on the "Profile" tab. Would running Windows 7 effect this?

Contact Corsair Support and ask for a hard firmware reset.

I am using the latest FW for CUE and the "New" FW for the mouse that keeps popping up telling me to update time after time. I've uninstalled CUE and reinstalled mult times and reinstalled the mouse FW and it still will not recognize my mouse

• Corsair Employee
I am using the latest FW for CUE and the "New" FW for the mouse that keeps popping up telling me to update time after time. I've uninstalled CUE and reinstalled mult times and reinstalled the mouse FW and it still will not recognize my mouse

We need your system specs Quing. Can you provide them to us?

For everyone else having this issue too, can you provide the same details if you haven't already? We need as much information as possible to isolate the issue.

• Corsair Employee
My motherboard is Dell Inc. 0X231R (CPU 1). I updated my specs as well

Looks like you're on an older platform as well

Manufacturer: Dell

Dell Part Numbers: X231R 0X231R CN-0X231R DP55M01 YD0213

Compatible Models: Dell Studio XPS 8000 Series

Specifications:

Chipset: Intel P55

Socket: LGA1156

Looks like you're on an older platform as well

Manufacturer: Dell

Dell Part Numbers: X231R 0X231R CN-0X231R DP55M01 YD0213

Compatible Models: Dell Studio XPS 8000 Series

Specifications:

Chipset: Intel P55

Socket: LGA1156

I am also on the same Chipset/Socket and no troubles here. But my brand is Asus, I guess that makes a difference too somehow.

I recently bought a scimitar and I am having the same problems. After upgrading the CUE and getting the 2.01 firmware my mouse is no longer recognized in the CUE and none of key bindings work. Every time I unplug the mouse and plug it back in it prompts for the firmware upgrade but it does not work. After screwing around for the last day I find if I plug the mouse into the front USB plug on my case the mouse works properly and is recognized in the CUE. The lighting profile and key bindings are working. I have an ASUS Z170 Deluxe board. I am guessing it has something to do with the usb 3.1 ports on the back?? Prior to the latest update everything was working fine.

Have you tried the USB 3.0/2.0 ports controlled by the Z170 chipset? Does the Scimitar work fine on them?

Information on which port is controlled by what can be found in the motherboard's user manual.

Have you tried updating the ASMedia drivers? Does it help?

Intel® Z170 chipset :

5 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (1 at back panel, blue, Type-A, 4 at mid-board)

Intel® Z170 chipset :

5 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (1 at back panel, black, Type-A, 4 at mid-board)

ASMedia® USB 3.1 controller :

5 x USB 3.1/3.0/2.0 port(s) (5 at back panel, teal blue, Type-A)

ASMedia® USB 3.1 controller :

1 x USB 3.1/3.0/2.0 port(s) (1 at back panel, , Type-C, Reversible)

Source: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/specifications/

I am having the same issue since the recent update.

I also have a have an Asus z170-deluxe mobo, with all drivers up to date. If I plug the mouse into any Asus USB port, the mouse will not be recognised by CUE, altough it does ask me to update to 2.01 every time I load up (I have). It will recognise the mouse when plugged into the front panel USB slots of my corsair 800D case.

Archived