Corsair Community

Windows 8.1 with Vengeance 2000

Mopar63

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure yes Windows 8.1 is not officially released yet but I upgrades 2 PC's to it with a lot of different multimedia hardware and the only thing not working nicely is the Corsair headset. Same as it was with Windows 8 beta and official release.

For me personally it is time to get something else, more reliable with drivers.

Kind of sad that Corsair has not even bother to acknowledge this yet. BTW headsets using USB from 3 other companies are working fine. As for Corsair not having 8.1 code, horse crap. Microsoft has been handing the dev tools out like candy.

Okay just as an update. I had some friends have issues with 8.1 as well in other software and we found that some of the issues where resolved with a clean install and immediate upgrade to Windows 8.1

I did this today and my other issues all stopped, but the Vengeance drivers are still not working correctly. I cannot use any source other than 2.0 and it does not give me 7.1 sound no matter what settings I use.

My other USB headsets all are working perfectly.

• 1 month later...
As Windows 8.1 is not officially released yet, we do not support it at this time.

I'm a software developer myself. I can respect that windows 8.1 is not out yet and you don't support it, however, because of my enthusiasm I am running it and I am experiencing the same problem as everyone else running it in this forum. No surround sound. I'll bet you there is some sort of small change to the API in 8.1 and that it isn't a lot of work to support it, since you already support 8 (that's the bigger hurdle and you've surmounted it). The problem is that you don't have a beta or alpha access to your drivers so that users that are on the edge of releases (as many gamers are) can access drivers that might be buggy or not fully QA'ed but we understand as such and we install them under that pretense.

Now here's the kicker: if you haven't already started developing a driver for Windows 8.1, then there's a real problem. It's a free update to all windows 8 users and it's coming out VERY SOON. Like September soon; as in 1 (one)(uno) month! If you aren't already pretty solid with a Windows 8.1 driver for the Vengeance headsets, then you've clearly missed the boat and *are not* supporting your hardcore gaming user base (you know, all the people that bought your headsets...100% of them).

Bottom line: get a beta program in place so we can have access to beta drivers before release and if you aren't developing a windows 8.1 driver right now, SHAME ON YOU and you need to get your **** together and GO. If you need a team lead who can get your development team on track and bring them in to the year 2013, contact me.

• 1 month later...

When windows 8.1 preview was released I installed it and found that my headsets software did not work in windows 8.1 seems to work fine in windows 8 so I am wondering is there an update in the works thats coming soon?

Im in no real rush to move to 8.1 but as a gamer there are some rumours that some of the new games will perform better under 8.1 and if thats the case I would like to move to it.

So I would like to know will the drivers be there to allow me to use my vengeance 2000 should I choose to do that?

Thanks for your reply Toasted its appreciated however I already knew there wasn't any drivers at the moment for 8.1.

My question was will there be preferably in time for windows 8.1 release. 8.1 has been in preview for a little while now and with its release on the horizon in around a weeks time it would be nice to get some official word on when I will be able to use my headset with windows 8.1

I would like to see an update on this, while windows 8.1 was in preview I could understand it not working in the early stages but its now less than a week away from release.

Are you working on it? will it be soon? Games like battlefield 4 are said to work better in 8.1 but those of us with corsair headsets wont be able to use it if we want to use our headsets. Makes my decisions on which headset to buy next a very easy one.

Today I bought a Vengeance 1500. I now found this thread, and I have the same problem. I can't select other source then Stereo. Sadly, I need to bring back, and change it to other headset.

I'm really sad, because I really like this design, and it's very comfortable, but I have better stereo headphone, and I can't use the 7.1 function...

Any possible answer, or solution for this problem? I don't want to bring this headset back...

Yeah, sadly I got it. Almost if anybody from support drop us for a little message like: "Guys, chill, we're working in driver update, we will release it in near future" - I don't wanna bring it back, and I'll wait for driver update.

But now... I'm not really sure they will ever release it...

So I should just assume they will make a driver that works with windows 8.1.

You know in my business we use this saying a lot, "when you assume you make an a*s out of u and me".

It would be nice to get some official word. Is there a chance I will need to buy a new headset if I want to use windows 8.1?

Is a driver being worked on?

Its not a difficult question and the answer gives very little if any secrets away and considering how close windows 8.1 is to release I dont think its an unreasonable question to ask.

So if someone that actually works for support could at least let us know they are working on it then it would put many peoples minds at rest including my own and no doubt that of potential customers.

Based on the build quality I have found with my corsair products of late simply choosing to be silent just drives me even further away in the future.

I did write my issues to support (10/14/2013 7:52 AM) but as yet have received no reply. The customer service from this company goes from bad to worse.

*edit*

Ticket was updated today (10/17/2013 10:37 AM)

We are currently working with Microsoft to purchase the right to their driver certification so it may take some time. Regardless, we will post onto our forums regarding this information.

When the (WIN 8.1) update came out today I updated my system, and expected no big problems.

However, surround sound doesn't work anymore. I can't enable it in the headset control panel as the source type, nor can I enable surround sound in Windows itself.

Considering that this headset is relatively new, I'm hopeful that there will be a driver that fixes this problem.

I did post a support ticket about this a few days ago and today I got this reply.

"We are currently working with Microsoft to purchase the right to their driver certification so it may take some time. Regardless, we will post onto our forums regarding this information. "

Archived