Corsair Community

Vengeance Mice and Keyboards

vläd1626861129

Yes, I'm loving the new keyboards as well!

I'm just wondering if the specs are true and that only the K90 has:

•Adjustable feet tilt for optimum personalization and positioning

I would love it on the K60 as I feel that the black Macro button portion of the K90 takes too much place and detracts from the otherwise clean aluminumlook. I'm guessing it's not detachable? :)

Otherwise I'd like to request a non-gamer version of the keyboard, with plain black keys, no Macro keys and perhaps in a tenkeyless design(without the numpad).

I really love that you're using Cherry Reds and the clean aluminium look, just one minor detail that's keeping me from jumping on one. :(

Firstly, I just bought the HS1's and have had a great time with them, so I'm looking forward to your new products.

I have one major suggestion that I ran by a few guild mates.

As avid MMO gamers, and as players prepping for SWTOR, we're looking to upgrade our computers, and peripherals. That means mechanical keyboards over membranes.

Lot's of us are truly interested in the FPS keyboard over the MMO keyboard due to the lack of the macro keys we have no use for. (your mouse covers that). So my suggestion is, why not provide a K60 with a backlighting option? I very much love the idea of the rubberized bright orange keys as well. I highly suggest selling them separately for your K90 customers.

Why would you want other switches? What's the advantage to other ones?

Simply put, there is no one "best" switch. Each provides their own unique 'feel' to typing and the best match all boils down to the user.

All those paper specifications on actuation force, travel distance, tactility, etc. are all well and good, but it is another thing altogether to try each and every switch for yourself. (Yes; I've tried all Black, Blue, Brown, and Red on the same kind of keyboard model from another manufacturer. Clear I could not find where I'm at)

For me, the perfect match was Browns.

• Corsair Employee

We have Reds. We felt this was the best switch for gamers due to their light actuation force, linear design and no click. The blacks and the reds are the top 2 key switches that are Linear, all of the other Cherry switches have a tactile bump. Part of this comes down to “feel” but something with a bump provides resistance and you could argue a varied amount of force to depress (when trying to achieve fast double and triple clicks as well as over a long period of gaming). The combination of a linear key switch and the light force associated with the key press is a powerful combination in a key switch design…this is what the Reds provide to us. Below is a chart that I made for your reference.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9285&stc=1&d=1316733013

Currently there is no plan to change to a different keyswitch. If we do have a change in direction in future products, we will announce those as they become available….none are planned at this time.

Keywitch.PNG.c3b9739dad626ada55f05b64bdb9e73f.PNG

We have Reds. We felt this was the best switch for gamers due to their light actuation force, linear design and no click. The blacks and the reds are the top 2 key switches that are Linear, all of the other Cherry switches have a tactile bump. Part of this comes down to “feel” but something with a bump provides resistance and you could argue a varied amount of force to depress (when trying to achieve fast double and triple clicks as well as over a long period of gaming). The combination of a linear key switch and the light force associated with the key press is a powerful combination in a key switch design…this is what the Reds provide to us. Below is a chart that I made for your reference.

Currently there is no plan to change to a different keyswitch. If we do have a change in direction in future products, we will announce those as they become available….none are planned at this time.

Thanks for that!!

I guess I'll try and see if I can 'switch' to the Reds even tho I've been on browns for so long

Mostly liking the k60 but the only thing I am wondering about is why no back-lit keys? That is the only con I can see from the specs, the only other may be no tilt but i haven't seen any pictures of the bottom of the board. Also I hope you will make a brushed black version as well.

Part of this comes down to “feel” but something with a bump provides resistance and you could argue a varied amount of force to depress (when trying to achieve fast double and triple clicks as well as over a long period of gaming). The combination of a linear key switch and the light force associated with the key press is a powerful combination in a key switch design…this is what the Reds provide to us.

That's actually why I'm not too fond of the linear switches. With the Cherry mechanical switch, you've got 2mm to activate the key followed by another 2mm to bottom out, but if you're precise and quick with multiple key presses after bottoming out, the switch might not have traveled enough to reset for another activation.

Granted, this stems from habits developed on membrane keyboards, but with gaming keyboards swinging towards mechanical switches, it may be difficult for new converts to see the value. If you're bottoming out the keys, you have to let off enough to reactivate the switch. The only other option is to learn the activation point and hover there for quick multiple presses. I was frustrated at first when I moved to a Cherry black switch board and didn't perform as well as I had with my old membrane - so frustrated that I bought a Cherry brown board and never looked back.

The Cherry brown switch seemed like exactly what I was looking for after using membranes, blue, and black switches. The tactile bump ensures that I don't press a key I didn't intend to, it also tells me where the activation point is. If I need to hit a key rapidly, I'm aware of where my finger(s) needs to be for multiple quick presses. Maybe now that I've lived with a mechanical keyboard for a while, it'll be easier to transition into a linear switch and see its benefits; I'm more than willing to give the K60 a shot.

I understand why Corsair went with the reds, but I also see the reasons for others desiring a different switch. Aside from that, I think the new gaming peripherals look outstanding, very much "Do it right the first time." ::pirate::

Also, while the Cherry brown switch's pressure point before activation reaches 55g, the activation force is only 45g. Just something to note for your table.

http://i.imgur.com/Dp7Gf.jpg

• Corsair Employee

I believe that Key Board and Mouse/Mice can be a personal item; in other word's one persons Key Bord is a god send for that person and for another its not easy to use. I think that goes with out saying. And just like a new car or New Bike though they function the same as the previous one, but they may react differently and may take some getting use to on our part. I also think that what I call Tamato you might call Tomato, or you might see the glass as half empty and I would see it as half full. So its up to what we like individually and its good that you seem to have put a great deal of thought into what you prefer. However I also can tell you from experience that what I have thought would be a good choice has several times turned out to be the opposite of what I had thought. I guess what I am trying to say here is while this is a good starting point and being from Mo. You really need to show me, so lets see how it feels when its available then we can make the call of what we like or do not like. I would encourage you to try them out in any number of retail stores as I am sure our Key Board will be popular and carried in most of our retail outlets, Fry's, Best Buy, Comp USA and so on.

So please lets convict it before we hang is all I am trying to say. :D:

Below is a chart that I made for your reference.

MX-brown switches have a 45g actuation force, not 55g.

That's the difference between the browns and clears.

I would also like to see a version with MX-browns - and no rubber dome switches.

I think it should be something like:

Tactile version = MX-brown switches for most keys, MX-clears for F & macro keys

Linear version = MX-red switches for most keys, MX-blacks for F & macro keys

• 5 weeks later...
So far, I am VERY impressed with what I see here.

Just a couple of quick questions...

1. What are the dimensions of the two keyboards?
  2. What is the estimated date that the keyboards will hit the street?

Does anyone have the dimensions on these puppies yet? I kinda need to know before placing a pre-order.

much 'preciated!

From reviews, people who used browns and reds alike, most everyone prefers the Reds, both for gaming and typing. Most people don't even seem to feel the 'tactile' bump on the Browns. I think they made the right choice by going reds, given how well it's recieved.

The K90 is backlit the K 60 isn't!

I'm sorry. This is the 1st time I've heard mention of this extremely useful function. My keyboard uses Cherry MX-1 Clear keys with 6 levels of illumination. Plus off, of course.

I wonder how Corsair managed this with non-clear keys?

I'm sorry. This is the 1st time I've heard mention of this extremely useful function. My keyboard uses Cherry MX-1 Clear keys with 6 levels of illumination. Plus off, of course.

I wonder how Corsair managed this with non-clear keys?

You don't see the light through the keys, just between the keys.

Archived