Corsair Community

Parts of lighting missing swapping HD for LL fans.

Astral85

I've swapped my HD for some LL fans and they look great but I have an issue with my existing profiles. I was careful to plug the LL into the same fan hub channels the way the HD came out however on just about every profile I am missing the lighting on my LL120. It appears that it has shuffled all of the lighting around so some of it is applied to the center led's of the LL fans. Basically it has totally disorganized the profiles.

Thankfully if I set the lighting setup back to HD fans the original lighting customization is intact. I have provided some screenshots to better explain. Is it possible to transfer HD customization to the LL fans? Ideally everything from the HD should be applied to the outer ring of the LL only except it has decided to put some of it in the center ring disorganizing the original customization...

Here is the original HD customization and then what iCUE has done with that customization over the LL fans.

iCUE-HD.pngiCUE-LL.png

You need to select the effects and then apply to the new LEDs. Just click on each effect and drag around all of the LL fans.

iCUE has actually disorganized the HD profile over the LL fan completely, cannot you not see the difference in the screenshots? It would be impossible to know how I originally laid it out.

Ideally iCUE should copy what's on the HD only to the outer ring led's of the LL fan, they have the same amount of led's and it would be a direct copy. Instead it is seeing the extra led's of the LL and applying things numerically which disorganizes it. I am surprised Corsair did not consider or think about that...

I'm sure that they thought about it ... but there's no good way that they could handle it that would work across the board. I can tell you that I, personally, would not want it to work the way that you described.

What it does do - and what you are seeing - is associates effects with LEDs in an array. (LED1, LED2, LED3 ...). For the HD fans, LED1-LED12 are Fan 1, LED13-LED24 are Fan 2, etc. The the LL fans, it's LED1-LED16, LED17-LED32, etc. When you change between fan types, it keeps the association by the array and maps to the new fans.

Archived