Corsair Community

How do I set a profile to be the default?

daleos

I just upgraded to the new CUE. (v2.20.72).

Are there any help files ready yet because I can't work out how to set the default profile. In any case, it's not remembering the profile I selected before switching off. Also, how do I save a profile to the keyboard?

I just upgraded to the new CUE. (v2.20.72).

Are there any help files ready yet because I can't work out how to set the default profile. In any case, it's not remembering the profile I selected before switching off. Also, how do I save a profile to the keyboard?

There is a little SD card looking thing, assuming your keyboard supports saving lighting or performance etc, it it should be towards the top left under the three horizontal bar hamburger icon.

Click the profile, then click the horizontal bars and make sure the vertical display is active beneath it and be sure you click your keyboard if you need to so cue knows what device you are targeting. Then there are little one, two, three SD cards above the trash can. That saves static lighting.

Also there can only be one default profile...so im not 100% i understand what you meant above.

The "default" profile when CUE is active is the file dragged to top of the list. That's it. It doesn't matter what you name it and the self-titled default has no special properties.

Some devices have hardware save capability and some do not. You might need to be specific about which item you are using. If it does have it, it should work like described above.

It's a K70 RGB. It used to have a save to device option.

Thanks for the advice about dragging it to the top. That's sorts out my first question but I'm still unclear about my second question.

Just having a profile at the top does not automatically save the profile to the device. If I click on the ? to get the help, I get a very poorly laid out wizard thing that suggests there ought to be a 'save to device memory' option between Import/Export and Edit Selected profile. The help does not seem to be referring to the same options that I have in my menu.

corsairmenu.PNG.28e6ee6b04557ce06f4b6abcc6cbcb28.PNG

corsairmenuhelp.PNG.956e19e9d94a9463a3b7f1e05407361f.PNG

Ah-ha. Worked it out. Re-read hastegag's post about making sure the keyboard is clicked to identify which device you're saving to. My mistake was not paying attention to the fact the keyboard icon at the top will auto de-select if you go into global settings. I missed this when returning back to messing with the profiles.

All good now but I think the UI needs more work. I think the help pages are wrong when messing with profile order whilst not having the device selected. To be honest, if there's just one device, it ought to be selected all the time to avoid any confusion.

It can take some getting used to. After it went to auto-save quite a few versions back, some things changed. Dragging a created CUE profile to the top will automatically lock it in as the default as soon as you drop it. A HW Profile (with the little icon) cannot be the default profile when CUE is running. When CUE is not, it will become active automatically. K95P owners shuffle through the 3 saves with the keyboard profile button when off or all of them when CUE is running. With the CUE window active (in focus) your currently selected profile will stay active for editing purposes. It will go back to the top default as soon as you click outside the window. And the reason for not making it automatically go to the device when you only have one selected is likely because that would exclude the choice when you have more than one capable device connected.

I'll admit I hated CUE 2 when it launched and I stayed on CUE 1 for quite a while longer. However, once you decide to make the adjustment it becomes fairly easy and is more intelligent than quite a few other interfaces I have to deal with on a daily basis.

• 10 months later...
god ****ing lord this program is a mess... just got this mouse and was really excited about it but then i got the iCUE program.. and from one that has been useing Razers Syanpse then this is ****ing canser in comparesent, takes bloody ages just to set up the key... click new action + button, click the button you want to change, then find the section the key you want to set it to, now select the key, thats 1 button done, now do the same thing 11 more times FOR ONE PROFILE.. lets compare to Razers synapse, click the button u want to change... click the button u want it to change in to, done... **** how hard is it? Crossair, look towards big bro Razer and take notes, this setup it horrible for ppl who has seen diffrent programs out there....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I had the same issue with my Strafe Mk 2. I'm still learning how to get things to work the way I want. There are 2 issues: (1) Make sure your new profile gets saved to your KB's memory. If anything prevents that from happening, you need to keep the utility open in order to use your profile. (2) Your new profile needs to be the top one on the list. I ended up deleting the profile named "Default" (which worked); but I don't think that's necessary, and it may actually have been the wrong thing to do. The software is not very intuitive, and it takes a while to get used to it.

Archived