Corsair Community

Really slow Windows boot up since buying K70 & M65

markob53

Hi Everyone,

Had a google and couldn't see this issue anywhere else really, just bought the K70 RGB and M65 RGB, downloaded software, updated firmware and when i've rebooted multiple times and the bios splash screen just sits there for minutes before it decides to boot into Windows.

Any ideas? Thanks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the exact same problem. Waiting to find out how to fix. Might just return it though :(

I noticed i only get the error when both the usb headers are plugged in, If you have a USB 3.0 socket you only need to plug one of the headers in (the one with the keyboard on it) since doing that i don't get the error in device manager anymore.

I noticed i only get the error when both the usb headers are plugged in, If you have a USB 3.0 socket you only need to plug one of the headers in (the one with the keyboard on it) since doing that i don't get the error in device manager anymore.

Thanks Mark, I've tried that but no luck. right now I'm running it with one USB in a 2.0 at the moment. It took an hour to reinstall firmware (just to be safe), then I rebooted my system and same issue.

I've had the problem appear to resolve only to come back on a reboot or later in the same session, so please update if status reverts back!

• Corsair Employee

If you guys have USB 3.0, just use the USB connector with the keyboard icon and you can avoid using the aux USB power.

For those who have slow boot-up though, let me know what motherboard and BIOS version you have so I can pass it on. These tend to be USB enumeration issues with the motherboard.

If you guys have USB 3.0, just use the USB connector with the keyboard icon and you can avoid using the aux USB power.

For those who have slow boot-up though, let me know what motherboard and BIOS version you have so I can pass it on. These tend to be USB enumeration issues with the motherboard.

The motherboard i have is an Asus Maximus Hero VII but like i say, getting rid of the usb error from device manager stopped the problem.

Thanks Mark, I've tried that but no luck. right now I'm running it with one USB in a 2.0 at the moment. It took an hour to reinstall firmware (just to be safe), then I rebooted my system and same issue.

I've had the problem appear to resolve only to come back on a reboot or later in the same session, so please update if status reverts back!

From the post above, I understand that firmware updates to the K70 RGB took an hour... is this normal? I received a notice that I needed to update my firmware, downloaded and started applying. It's now 1.5 hours into the update, and 28% complete. It IS progressing, just extremely slowly.

We need an update of the application as well - I'm finding it extremely unstable in Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.

I ran into the extremely slow reboot/start times as well - connected to a USB 3.0 socket, disconnecting the second USB plug from the keyboard sped it up. Is that plug included only for machines that are older? Say all USB 2.0? Or is that somehow causing the EXTREMELY long firmware update times I'm experiencing?

Ok i was wrong about the issue being fixed.

My pc still sits at the motherboard manufacturer splash screen for ages and it's all since i bought this keyboard and mouse, it doesnt do it all the time though.

I even did a fresh install of Windows, and whenever i boot into windows i get a 'device connected' sound followed by 'device disconnected' sound.

Very annoying.

Is Corsair currently working on a fix for the long boot times?

It's still happening to me too, very annoying. BIOS is up to date (version 1.50 from end of September), and it doesn't matter whether I plug in my K70 in two USB 2.0 or one USB 3.0, it happens to me with both. Mainboard is ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer.

Edited by cor9

My motherboard is listed in my specs ( Asus Gryphon z87 ) with latest BIOS version 2103.

I'm experiencing slow start up, laggy UEFI bios and unknown device problems too.

Leaving the AUX power USB connector out seemed to fix the unknown device problem though.

Noticed the keyboards unresponsive in bios, safe mode, starting up and shutting down.

Lights stay on when the PC is off, but I fixed that by enabling ERP in bios. Would have been difficult if I didn't have UEFI bios, which has mouse support on account of the keyboard being unresponsive. Still took forever since it was slow and laggy, because of said keyboard.

CUE software causes Dead Island to crash when starting the game and other compatibility issues with steam/games.

My bios, chipset and all drivers are up to date.

Edited by Reign

Is Corsair currently working on a fix for the long boot times?

It's still happening to me too, very annoying. BIOS is up to date (version 1.50 from end of September), and it doesn't matter whether I plug in my K70 in two USB 2.0 or one USB 3.0, it happens to me with both. Mainboard is ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer.

A reaction from Corsair would be very much appreciated :)

Today it took my pc 2 minutes to boot... :sigh!:

Maximus VII Gene mobo here My PC takes 5 mins to boot. I unplug K70 keyboard and it takes 7 sec. Something is wrong with this keyboard.

fix this now please. Thinking of taking back keyboard and never buying another corsair product again TBH. Not happy!!:mad:

• Corsair Employee

There is a new FW version available out now (1.15). Let me know if you all still have BIOS delays on boot-up.

I can also tell most of you that it isn't the keyboard that causes this but usually USB enumeration by the BIOS. Just like the LED staying on, we are investigating issues as you all present them so workarounds can be implemented to counter what the BIOS may not be doing correctly/efficiently/etc.

There is a new FW version available out now (1.15). Let me know if you all still have BIOS delays on boot-up.

I can also tell most of you that it isn't the keyboard that causes this but usually USB enumeration by the BIOS. Just like the LED staying on, we are investigating issues as you all present them so workarounds can be implemented to counter what the BIOS may not be doing correctly/efficiently/etc.

I can confirm I still have delays on boot up with the new firmware. Just booted up and it took the system 72.8 seconds according to the task manager. Without the keyboard plugged in, it takes under 10 seconds.

Edited by cor9

• Corsair Employee
I can confirm I still have delays on boot up with the new firmware. Just booted up and it took the system 72.8 seconds according to the task manager. Without the keyboard plugged in, it takes under 10 seconds.

Do you think you can provide a system dump for us? Do you also have Legacy USB Enabled or Disabled? Outside of trying to get the same motherboard, every detail will be important to see how we can resolve this because we aren't able to replicate this issue anymore internally.

• Corsair Employee
I fixed the slow boot-up by updating the bios and updating a driver (think it was called intel management something) from the asus website and after that, everything boots-up normal for me.

Good to know! BIOS updates are often stressed by us now because the number of issues we've resolved by doing so are actually quite high. It seems there are always some form of undocumented USB resolutions in each BIOS per manufacturer.

Do you think you can provide a system dump for us? Do you also have Legacy USB Enabled or Disabled? Outside of trying to get the same motherboard, every detail will be important to see how we can resolve this because we aren't able to replicate this issue anymore internally.

Ok, I wasn't 100% sure what you meant by system dump, so I did a Dxdiag. Is that what you were asking for? I've attached it to the post, as well as a photo of the mainboard legacy USB settings.

DxDiag.txt

WP_20141119_03_52_50_Pro.thumb.jpg.7ecf0da8909211b157d78bdd2394729a.jpg