Corsair Community

570x Installing An Exhaust Fan

SageDixon

Hello all!

Is it possible to install a 120SP into the exhaust part of the 570x?

It looks like only a radiator can fit there, being that there aren't any divets to install a fan.

Does anyone have confirmation on this?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a spare Corsair fan (Corsair 120 Mm Fan 31-002319 12v DC), but it lacks installation material.

The case does come with 8 long screws for the installation of fans, I'd figure that would work.

However as SageDixon says, we don't have any divets to screw the fan into the rear exhaust.

Can someone explain how this is supposed to work?

I am not sure exactly what you guys are looking for. The rear exhaust area has 4 vertical slots to accommodate the fan across multiple positions. There should be some short, stubby #8 screws that came with the case and the fan, all of which should go through those 4 slots into the fan... from the outside of the case. Obviously if you don't tighten it up enough, it will slide down the rails.

There are 4 vertical lines/slots in the case, but they don't support screws.

We're looking for some holes which the screws can be tightened into, but these holes don't exist..

Those mounting lines are very much meant for both radiator and fan screws. The reason they're long is so you can adjust your fan in the position you like. If you have a radiator on top, mount your fan at the very bottom of the lines so it doesn't touch. If you don't have any obstructions on the top of the case, then mount your 120mm in the middle of the lines. That's the major reason for this feature.

Take a fan screw and just push it into the slat and you'll see that it's just small enough to bite onto mounting lines. Then you can mount your fan and properly secure it.

Those mounting lines are very much meant for both radiator and fan screws. The reason they're long is so you can adjust your fan in the position you like. If you have a radiator on top, mount your fan at the very bottom of the lines so it doesn't touch. If you don't have any obstructions on the top of the case, then mount your 120mm in the middle of the lines. That's the major reason for this feature.

Take a fan screw and just push it into the slat and you'll see that it's just small enough to bite onto mounting lines. Then you can mount your fan and properly secure it.

This doesn't work at all, the screws don't get any grip on anything. The fan just hangs on those screws which hang in the mounting lines.

I can't tighten the screws anyhow. I should add that the rear bit of the screw comes out at the other side of the fan.

This doesn't work at all, the screws don't get any grip on anything. The fan just hangs on those screws which hang in the mounting lines.

I can't tighten the screws anyhow. I should add that the rear bit of the screw comes out at the other side of the fan.

Whatever screws you're using, they're too small and need a washer. Also, if they go out the other side of the fan, that means they're radiator screws and are meant to grip onto a radiator.

In this image, you should be using these as it has a wider top. These screws are included in the 570X's brown box that comes with motherboard screws, velcro straps, and zip ties.

xadVSkc.jpg

• 2 months later...
Whatever screws you're using, they're too small and need a washer. Also, if they go out the other side of the fan, that means they're radiator screws and are meant to grip onto a radiator.

In this image, you should be using these as it has a wider top. These screws are included in the 570X's brown box that comes with motherboard screws, velcro straps, and zip ties.

xadVSkc.jpg

I've found those, but they are way too short to go trough the mounting holes in a fan. They are also not wide enough, I just accidentally pushed one trough the fan slot at the back of my case! :confused:

How the hell is this going to work, why didn't the case just have normal screw holes? With multiple holes it could have been compatible with different sizes of fans anyhow.

the above screws work with 99% of fans and indeed ALL of corsairs fans matey,,

heres a hd120 in the back of my 750x using the above screws :). The screws go into the fan from the outside of the case using the Vertical slots as pointed out above...

dEghQAp.jpg

Okay, I've grabbed two fans (a gentle typhoon and a spare corsair fan).

As can be seen at: https://imgur.com/a/DlMeM

The black small screw is one of the 12 small fan screws that came with the case.

The metal/silver fan is the large fan screw that came with the case.

Neither of these screws get any grip on the fan holes in the fans.

According to this video I should be able to tighten them, but that's not the case for me: [ame]

[/ame]

Weird. According to the manual I had 12 small fan screws. I found only one plastic bag with 12 screws, which are these tiny ones.

Then I have those 8 silver screws, and they are the only screws which have a flat area.

Either these screws didn't come with the case or someone has mixed them up..

Anyhow I've ordered "fan" screws from a local shop, I assume that will solve my problem.

Thanks for the help :)

• 3 months later...
the above screws work with 99% of fans and indeed ALL of corsairs fans matey,,

heres a hd120 in the back of my 750x using the above screws :). The screws go into the fan from the outside of the case using the Vertical slots as pointed out above...

dEghQAp.jpg

Dude how to did you power so many of these fans? Corsair controller pro?

Archived