Corsair Community

Void Headset - Nintendo Switch compatibility

JStar_

• Corsair Employee
As of right now the only headsets we offer that officially support consoles are the HS50 and Void Pro Surround (connected without dongle). The Void Pro USB and Void Pro Wireless only officially support PC. Compatibility for consoles is something I can suggest to the engineers, and is not entirely impossible to be implemented in the future, but as of right now we only have the previous suggested headsets available.

Hi all,

I also own a Corsair Void Pro Wireless headset and would like to join this request. It would be really useful for me to enable this compatibility. I use them on my PC and my PS4. If I could use them as well in my Switch then I could retire my old Sennheiser earphones and use my beloved Corsairs in all my platforms :)

Willing to have news about this topic.

Cheers!

@Junsred Your headset will work if you plug it into the audio jack on the tablet part of the Switch (use the 3.5mm plug).

This works both while you have the tablet docked and while it's separated from the dock. The plug is located right next to the vent on the top edge of the tablet. After my first generation VOID broke down on me a few days ago I noticed the Surround edition had the 3.5mm jack and opted for that one over the USB edition I previously had expressly for the purpose of using it with my Switch. :) Glad they work well with each other.

• 4 weeks later...

I would also like to join the request in getting a firmware update for the dongle. I have a Corsair Void Pro Yellowjacket Edition. It is by far the greatest headset I have ever owned (and probably will ever own) and I would LOVE to be able to use it on the Nintendo Switch.

Thank you for all of the work that you do Corsair and employees.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've read that with the new firmware update for Nintendo Switch (5.0 version) some wireless headphones that didn't work before are working now. For instance, the logitech G933. Just in case, I tried again with my Corsair Void Pro Wireless with no success :(

Any news about this topic?

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

As of right now, I can confirm that the Corsair Void Pro Wireless Yellowjacket Edition is still not supported with the USB dongle connected to the Nintendo Switch Dock on Switch System Version 5.0.1. As @jvillal has mentioned, there are some makes and models that are currently supported, but again, I am here to confirm that the Corsair Void Pro Wireless model is still not supported.

Corsair team, if you can please send the suggestion or recommendation to make it work, we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Funnily enough, my older Corsair Vengeance 2100 wireless headset works perfectly with the nintendo switch. I just plugged in the USB dongle on the dock and it worked seamlessly. I don't know whether it's something that got fixed with Switch 5.0 update, or always worked (I had read that Switch 5.0 update added compatibility to a lot more headsets).

But the Corsair Void Pro does not. I didn't do any firmware update on any of the headsets. Find it surprising that the older corsair headset works but the newer one does not.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm very interested in seeing this working as well. As things are now, the Switch supports generic USB audio output. I can plug regular USB audio devices into it that use the generic USB audio drivers in Windows and they work. The Void dongle also seems to generally be able to work with generic drivers, as I can even plug it into my Android phone via an OTG cable and that works.

It really does look like it would be possible to resolve this via the dongle's firmware. Please do try to make it happen, and thank you for any attempts to do so.

• 2 months later...
Funnily enough, my older Corsair Vengeance 2100 wireless headset works perfectly with the nintendo switch. I just plugged in the USB dongle on the dock and it worked seamlessly. I don't know whether it's something that got fixed with Switch 5.0 update, or always worked (I had read that Switch 5.0 update added compatibility to a lot more headsets).

But the Corsair Void Pro does not. I didn't do any firmware update on any of the headsets. Find it surprising that the older corsair headset works but the newer one does not.

is there anything special you did to be able to connect the Vengeance 2100, I've been trying to get it to work with no success

• 9 months later...