Corsair Community

Wierd Fan/Performance Issues with H100i / Corsair Link 4.5

blacksc0rp

Hello

my almost 3 years old PC recently had some issues with Windows (10) and

I also got a newer (bigger) SSD so I did a complete fresh lnstall of it.

Before that, I had some issues with the Corsair Link Software (wasn't supported/had to install a newer version)

but now - every time the Software is running the Fans get faster for a second or two, and go back to the slower level

(quiet setting->/<-balanced setting->/<-performance)

and most annoying - when moving a window the fans get really louder (one performance level up- so if I set it at quiet it goes to balanced and sometimes even faster/louder fans)

When I exit the Software there's no issue like that - could there be any untested problem with the newest version 4.5.0.55 - and why isn't there any older version available at the support/download section ?

Thanks in andvance

Hello

my almost 3 years old PC recently had some issues with Windows (10) and

I also got a newer (bigger) SSD so I did a complete fresh lnstall of it.

Before that, I had some issues with the Corsair Link Software (wasn't supported/had to install a newer version)

but now - every time the Software is running the Fans get faster for a second or two, and go back to the slower level

(quiet setting->/<-balanced setting->/<-performance)

and most annoying - when moving a window the fans get really louder (one performance level up- so if I set it at quiet it goes to balanced and sometimes even faster/louder fans)

When I exit the Software there's no issue like that - could there be any untested problem with the newest version 4.5.0.55 - and why isn't there any older version available at the support/download section ?

Thanks in andvance

Make sure you have the fans linked to the H100i Temp (coolant temperature) in the Link program. That is the most efficient control variable. When you exit Link, the firmware on the pump reverts back to this control state. There may be another explanation, but this is a common mishap.

tirexihd + red-ray :

thanks for the links, but isn't there any official direct download from corsair available anymore and why ?

any info about the new/er version and related issues ?

c-attack- thanks - did you refer to the config menu of the 2 fans - and change to Group to H100i Temp of each fan ?

Seems to work and makes sense (if you know about it) , but another (maybe unrelated) issue is that the performance (mostly when moving/resizing a window) seems to be bad as it worked better before the reinstall...

c-attack- thanks - did you refer to the config menu of the 2 fans - and change to Group to H100i Temp of each fan ?

Seems to work and makes sense (if you know about it) , but another (maybe unrelated) issue is that the performance (mostly when moving/resizing a window) seems to be bad as it worked better before the reinstall...

Yes, that is what I was referring to and for both fans. A lot of people instinctively set the fans to CPU temperature as this is the only control variable they know from past BIOS use. That's not how the cooling system works and due to the somewhat spiky nature of Win 10 CPU usage (getting better), re-sizing and moving windows around might cause a momentary blip in CPU activity which then translates into the fans revving up and then back down. By comparison, the coolant temperature is very slow to change up and and down and any fan speed adjustments should be gradual and hard to detect. If setting the fans to H100i Temp did not resolve the issue, then there is a more complex factor yet to be identified.

Archived