Corsair Community

Old Commander Unit - Total Abandonware?

Lagwraith

Hey, I'm a little fed up with the state of my rig. The old commander unit, 2 lighting nodes, 100i cpu cooler, wires everywhere and win 10. It just doesn't work well or in a fashion that could be described as stable.

Have Corsair utterly abondoned us users with the older hardware? Is Corsair ever going to actually update and fix the software so older users can have a more 'as it was supposed to be' type experience with the pretty new front end? Please respond Corsair...

Does anyone know if the official Corsair Rep/s here are currently taking holidays or dealing with priority one issues? I understand that my hardware is old and not available to purchase from shops anymore. I'm not trying to be rude just determining whether it's time to spend some pennies and maybe upgrade. If Corsair are still 'supporting' the old commander then I can wait more, otherwise I can look into updating my link stuff :)

Corsair have been noticeable by their absence from the Corsair Link forum since CL4 was first released back in January 2016.

AFAIK CL4 will never support the old commander which is crazy given how little code I needed to make it work with my software.

With your current hardware the best you could get CL4 to do is:

1. USB Connect the H100i
  2. Connect one lighting node to it's C-Link port
  3. You will not be able to use the old commander or the other lighting node.
  4. You could waste more money with Corsair and get a CL Mini and connect 1 x H100i + 2 x Lighting Node via it and that should work with CL4.
  5. The CL Mini has firmware bugs that have not been fixed after over two years :mad:. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=890711 for a list of the ones I know of.

2. Not supporting the old Commander is a strange decision given it takes SIV < 40 lines of C to support it.

Hey guys :) B41T I'm sorry you too appear to have grumbles. I'm just hoping a Corsair Rep might clarify my quandry a little.

Red Ray Thank you for everything on this forum not just giving your sagely advice to me here, it's a shame Corsair don't just take you on for good money and make you the 'Project Lead' - it's with some of your advice that it's working as well as it currently is :) Thanks :)

Can Corsair rep let us know if there is a clear decision on old commanders continued viability for development?

Does anyone know if Corsair reps actually come on here anymore? Anyone know when last post by one? Thanks for any input :)

AFAIK Corsair don't post to answer questions on the Corsair Link or Cooling sections of the forum at all.

If you wish to get an answer from Corsair ask via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

I also just stumbled across http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=837364

Thanks Red Ray, I'm not really surprised it's you helping out again ;)

Basically I expect the odds of getting Corsair to get CL4 to support the old commander are about zero.

They don't even seem interested in fixing the CL Mini firmware bugs and/or adding 0 RPM support so the fans can be stopped.

I was thinking it was starting to look a little similar for the mini... it's a shame for both pieces of hardware... and possibly a pretty good company reputation. You ever think how devoid of any assistance this forum would be if it wasn't largely for yourself Red?

Archived