Corsair Community

Yet another problems with CUE and my Corsair peripherals

vil2

Hello

I've been owning a Strafe RGB keyboard for months. So far so good.

I've recently bought a Corsair Scimitar mouse, upgraded CUE to latest verison and since I have done that, I'm having a ton of problems.

I manage to set up lighting and keys in both my keyboard and my mouse but as soon as I reboot, the settings are just gone. When I switch the PC on, the correct colors are displayed but as soon as Win 10 loads (and CUE loads in background I guess), then both mouse and keyboard are stucked, I can't use them.

I switch USB ports, or just unplug/plug them, and it works again, but extremely bad: both mouse and keyboard are illuminated in plain red, although my settings in CUE are completely different.

I don't understand because the keyboard alone with the 1.16 version of CUE has always been functioning correctly. This is extremely frustrating as I have no error message and I don't know if my mouse is malfunctioning or if it is just me or the software.

Please, anyone from Corsair can help me sort this out? This is really annoying. Thanks!

Nothing but problems with the latest version, not sure how this garbage software even made it out of Alpha. For what Corsair charges for their products you'd think they could afford somewhat competent programmers. CUE continues to stay running in the background and using resources even after the task is ended, I can uninstall it to my heart's content and CUE still stays in my programs list, everyday I have to repair the damn program because macros stop working. This is a prime example of what happens when you outsource jobs to the lowest bidder.

Hey thanks for your help. I am on the latest firmwares (2.05 / 2.04).

I upgraded from 1.16 by uninstalling the software, deleting the Corsair folder in /Roaming and deleting two peripherals in the Peripheral manager (control panel). I did as instructed somewhere on the Corsair web site, can't find the URL again.

After that I installed the latest version, and during my tests, I uninstalled several times using this method. After the reinstallation, ie on a fresh install, I can setup everything correctly again, use the hardware and software accordingly, but problems appear after a reboot or if the computer exits from sleep. So I think it is related to CUE.

But I think, as you mentioned, there is something going on between the 1.16 version and the latest, maybe my desinstallation process was not complete enough. Let me try to explain that: yesterday after posting here I desinstalled CUE 2.9.53 (with the method mentioned above) , reinstalled 1.16 and everything works correctly now. As I was setting up the keyboard and mouse lighting, I noticed that the default lightings were full red on both devices, the same exact setting they were stucked on when I had problems with the latest version. Only difference is that I was able to change this lighting with 1.16, whereas with 2.9.53 I couldn't. So I don't know, but maybe there was a conflict between some remnants of 1.16 settings conflicting with the 2.9.53 settings? While running 2.9.53, I tried to save profiles on the mouse memory, but it did not work. Or there were some settings saved by 1.16 on the internal memory and I couldn't overwrite them with 2.9.53?

Anyway, I'm running 1.16 and it works fine (especially considering that keyboard and mouse are now correctly recognized by Windows on startup), so I'm not sure I want to risk everything with 2.9...What do you suggest?

Hey thanks for your help. I am on the latest firmwares (2.05 / 2.04).

I upgraded from 1.16 by uninstalling the software, deleting the Corsair folder in /Roaming and deleting two peripherals in the Peripheral manager (control panel). I did as instructed somewhere on the Corsair web site, can't find the URL again.

After that I installed the latest version, and during my tests, I uninstalled several times using this method. After the reinstallation, ie on a fresh install, I can setup everything correctly again, use the hardware and software accordingly, but problems appear after a reboot or if the computer exits from sleep. So I think it is related to CUE.

But I think, as you mentioned, there is something going on between the 1.16 version and the latest, maybe my desinstallation process was not complete enough. Let me try to explain that: yesterday after posting here I desinstalled CUE 2.9.53 (with the method mentioned above) , reinstalled 1.16 and everything works correctly now. As I was setting up the keyboard and mouse lighting, I noticed that the default lightings were full red on both devices, the same exact setting they were stucked on when I had problems with the latest version. Only difference is that I was able to change this lighting with 1.16, whereas with 2.9.53 I couldn't. So I don't know, but maybe there was a conflict between some remnants of 1.16 settings conflicting with the 2.9.53 settings? While running 2.9.53, I tried to save profiles on the mouse memory, but it did not work. Or there were some settings saved by 1.16 on the internal memory and I couldn't overwrite them with 2.9.53?

Anyway, I'm running 1.16 and it works fine (especially considering that keyboard and mouse are now correctly recognized by Windows on startup), so I'm not sure I want to risk everything with 2.9...What do you suggest?

Well, 1.16 is stable enough to be on, so if you don't want to fuss about with CUE 2, it's fine to stay with CUE 1.

When you installed CUE 2 did you try another USB port?

Yes I did, I've tried all the ports believe me!

I'm starting to have problems with 1.16 as well. This morning I powered the PC on, started playing and noticed that all the macros on the side buttons of my Scimitar were not working. Everything seemed okay in CUE though.

I rebooted, hoping to resolve the problem, and as I was back on desktop after the boot, no cursor, no mouse. RGB Strafe was fine. Then suddenly a popup appeared asking me to update the firmware! I accepted with the keyboard (knowing I had the latest) but it crashed. I unplugged the mouse and plugged it into another USB port and it works again.

Honestly I don't know what to do, should I RMA the mouse? It seems that thing get f**** up every time I reboot my PC, and I fear that some day nothing will work at all...

I mean that as soon as I'm on the Desktop after entering my password, I can't control the mouse. It's as if I had no mouse at all.

This happens to me as well 2-4 times a week when I turn my computer on when I come home from work. When the computer has just been turned on and is booting, both K70 RGB and Scimitar light up with the lighting schemes stored onboard. The windoze login screen appears and I can move the mouse to click on the window to enter my password. Windoze begins to boot normally and everything is fine until CUE loads. Sometimes when the K70 profile is loaded, the Scimitar goes dark and my only option is to reboot using the arrow keys on the keyboard. Then (so far anyway) after a warm reboot, CUE loads both keyboard and mouse profiles normally and everything goes smoothly. So far, it's only been cold boots that have been a problem. I never let the computer hibernate, so I can't say if there's an issue there. I've attributed it to squirlyness of the computer loading all the USB peripherals, even though the kb and mouse are plugged directly into USB 3 ports on the back of the computer and not a hub.

Nothing but problems with the latest version, not sure how this garbage software even made it out of Alpha. For what Corsair charges for their products you'd think they could afford somewhat competent programmers. CUE continues to stay running in the background and using resources even after the task is ended, I can uninstall it to my heart's content and CUE still stays in my programs list, everyday I have to repair the damn program because macros stop working. This is a prime example of what happens when you outsource jobs to the lowest bidder.

I would have to second this. I own a M65 RGB and a K95 RGB for over a year and all I run into are problems, errors, profile switch freezes, and random disconnects of the mouse that would then reconnect. For how much I paid for the hardware the software is a POS. I am really getting frustrated with the horrible software. All of a sudden now I'm getting freezes on my computer where the mouse and keyboard would just stop responding when I switch profiles.

I switched out my Razer Blackwidow X Chroma for a K95 Platinum recently (my first Corsair product so had to download CUE for the first time (CUE2)) - in the past 5 days that I've had this software loaded, I have had 4 mouse freezes similar to those mentioned above - however my mouse is a Razer Mamba, it's not even a Corsair product.

Archived