Corsair Community

Force Series 3 60 GB freezing

fenderjaguar

I got this drive a week or so ago, and I got freezing and one blue screen of death, so I reinstalled windows and also updated my motherboard bios and reset MB bios to factory setting from all kinds of manual settings and overclocks.

I suspected it may have been a particular bios setting I was using that was causing the problem.

But now, sometimes when I restart, the post screen will just freeze and I have to manually reset. It seems to do it at random, like once in every 10 restarts. Is this a known problem with these drives? The post screen never froze for me in thousands of restarts with my samsung HDD.

Yes, it is 1.3.3. And no, ATTO does not make the computer crash. I've run that benchmark 3 times over the last few weeks and the last time I used it, it hung and then recovered on one of the first tests, but didn't crash the computer. The results of the benchie are good btw, 400-500 MB/s on the later tests.

I will probably try secure erase and reinstall windows at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so I tried all of that, and it was still unstable.

The last thing I tried was putting it through one of the SATA II ports. Been working perfectly for over a week now. But this is of course not the solution to the problem:

http://********/63chrlh

BTW, why are urls being blocked here? Anway, look up "SF-2281 BSOD Bug" at anandtech for more info.

Another guy had your problem on an ASUS board as well. He replaced his board and the problems went away.

I guess not all the SATA3 implementations are equally robust on all boards, causing trouble if operating somewhat outside the standards. Could also be the SATA cable.

You may want to disable C-states in your BIOS setup. They're known to mess with SSDs.

Another guy had your problem on an ASUS board as well. He replaced his board and the problems went away.

I guess not all the SATA3 implementations are equally robust on all boards, causing trouble if operating somewhat outside the standards. Could also be the SATA cable.

You may want to disable C-states in your BIOS setup. They're known to mess with SSDs.

OK, thanks.

I don't think I'll be sending my board back though. Having a the trouble of pulling my whole computer apart, sending board back, having no computer for a while, then having to rebuild (and possibly have the hardware behave exactly the same way) would just infuriate me more.

OK, thanks.

I don't think I'll be sending my board back though. Having a the trouble of pulling my whole computer apart, sending board back, having no computer for a while, then having to rebuild (and possibly have the hardware behave exactly the same way) would just infuriate me more.

Can't say I don't understand you - it's a tedious process. I would probably just settle with running the disk in SATA2 mode, but I'd prolly also test the drive in another machine w/ SATA3 to be absolutely sure the disk is fine. If you have access to another machine, that's what I'd recommend.

• 4 years later...

I know I'm digging up an old post here, but it is my post, after all.

I still use this same SSD and same board, and at some point (whether it be SSD firmware update or motherboard bios update), the drive works perfectly through the sata III ports.

a few years ago, I even bought an identical drive for cheap and raid 0 them, with pretty good results. Both through sata III.

Archived