Corsair Community

*00D and USB 3 kit internal USB 3 question

gkrebbs

That was 800D and the USB 3 kit BTW,

Ok, Of course I was only just able to purchase the USB 3 upgrade kit and then I went to the page that had how to install it and from what I saw there I am now wondering if I should have gotten that kit at all? My motherboard, the Gigabyte P67A UD7, has internal USB 3 headers for the front panel as well as USB 2 so am I to understand then that this kit doesn't have the wires that connect to the bottom of the motherboard where both USB 2 and USB 3 headers are situated? I understand that I can use a USB 3 connection for a USB 2 plug in but I saw only the USB 3 cords that went out the back of the case to the USB 3 back panel that would make the front panel USB 3 then and that is at best a bailing wire and bondo type of fix IMO. I know I should never assume anything but I did and thought that this kit would have everything necessary to have USB 3 from the board internally not externally which will cut down the number of USB 3 ports I will have for future use on the back panel. Sure wish that there would have been some sort of heads up that said something about just how we were getting our USB 3 on the front because this is baloney! :mad: If I am wrong I apologize but if I am right that, well I guess I shouldn't say anything else...

I'd speculate that at the moment there is no common standard for a usb 3 board socket sorted which would be the why the USB connectors in the kit have the plug on to allow them to be used in USB 2's or plugged through to the rear connectors and that later on when the former is defined they would then bring out a new connector for the flying USB leads to connect to them .

Ya, you're probably right there and I am mostly pissed because I didn't think of it before I went ahead and bought the upgrade kit. The only thing different for $14.99 will be two USB 3 connects that plug into the back panel when I could have just plugged into the back anyway if and when I get something that actually has a USB 3 connection to it. I will need the two top holes in the back where they are putting the USB connections from front to back for water lines so far unless I can come up with a different plan and/or perhaps tear apart the Koolance rad/fan/res assembly that is supposed to go on the top of the case Anyone need a USB 3 kit? No, really I wonder if I can take the the USB 3 kit all apart and buy some kind of wiring that will do USB 3 connectivity to the internal headers?

Ya, you're probably right there and I am mostly pissed because I didn't think of it before I went ahead and bought the upgrade kit. The only thing different for $14.99 will be two USB 3 connects that plug into the back panel when I could have just plugged into the back anyway if and when I get something that actually has a USB 3 connection to it. I will need the two top holes in the back where they are putting the USB connections from front to back for water lines so far unless I can come up with a different plan and/or perhaps tear apart the Koolance rad/fan/res assembly that is supposed to go on the top of the case Anyone need a USB 3 kit? No, really I wonder if I can take the the USB 3 kit all apart and buy some kind of wiring that will do USB 3 connectivity to the internal headers?

According to another post on here the mic and speaker ports now work without crackles and hisses unlike the original panel , i can't confirm yet as my upgrade parts have just arrived today so will probably fit them at the weekend and report back .

You are not the only grumphy here...Mr. gkrebs

At least the MB producers seems to agree on a standard as they use same USB 3.0 headers...

I cant say that fixing a bad audio defend introducing another deficiency. It is an undefendable stiff price for two extension leads.. which in fact is the only gain by this update.

The Sata III and USB 3.0 update costed me $125! (Norway). The case is brand new and arrived yesterday together with the kits.

Well, I need to say that Corsair has the very best customer service in the land! Then too I have never had problem one save this one over ten years of dealing with and purchasing Corsair products so they are still ok in my book and I will continue to use as many of their products as needed in building my systems. They are still fairly new in building cases too so they are doing pretty good for that and then they have some of the best RAM and PSU's around as well as their other products. I am sorry to hear though Rallar that you have to pay such an exorbitant price to get what you need over there in Norway. Maybe one of these days Corsair will expand and have offices and/or warehouses over there so that it won't be so costly for you to buy their products.

@ Andyvee You are probably right that they fixed the mic and speaker (headphone?) ports when designing the USB 3 kits becasue Corsair seems to pay attention to what their customers are telling them and act accordingly.

@ Andyvee You are probably right that they fixed the mic and speaker (headphone?) ports when designing the USB 3 kits becasue Corsair seems to pay attention to what their customers are telling them and act accordingly.

I won't know if it has been fixed in my case until i have fitted the parts but will say that they do try to fix issues but were adament that it was my board causing the issues after sending me 2 replacement panels that had no effect on the fault even after i let them know i moved my entire rig to a different case which did'nt have the issue , but personally i thought the cost of the parts was very reasonable ( i got the sata3 backplane as well ) , i will update once fitted but hope that after nearly a year with this case that the last issue will be resolved :bigeyes: .

Sorry for being somewhat impudent...

I have bought Corsairs products because i find them realy good. And i will probably continue doing so.

I know customers may be a pain in the ***, so my hint is just meant for avoiding wake up of the ugly side of the customer....

However, the kits was sold by one of Corsair's resellers here. May be he has been too voraciously..

Archived