Corsair Community

Gigabyte k8n ultra-sli & Cmx512-4400c25pt

carbo

We have a Gigabyte k8n ultra-sli but with Cmx512-4400c25pt the system doesn't boot. The same system with another memory have no problem. I try the Cmx512-4400c25pt on another system with MB Asus a7n8x e-deluxe and Windows doesn't start.

Is it possible that this memory is damaged(but It's new,I bought it one week ago from a shop)?

I have only one module of Corsair with double-face.

The only way to increase the voltage is to boot the system with my other module of Twinmos ddr400, then I change the Dim Over Voltage control to +.3 Volts, power off, change the module memory and power on the system.

Is It right?

I post here the reply of official Gigabyte technical support:

"Meanwhile, based on DDR spec., default working voltage of DDR memory is 2.5v. and has +0.2v tolerance. But, as we know, some high speed DDR memory modules need higher than 2.7v power to work, and the spec. is over the DDR memory definition by JEDEC and the high voltage will also reduce memory IC lifetime. Thus, we do not recommend you using such memory modules with our MB to avoid unexpected H/W damage."

However I test Corsair memory with memtest86 and goldmemory on my Asus A7n8x e-deluxe and I find a lot of errors, so I Know that this module of memory is damaged. I will change it.

Archived