The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2017, 11:26 AM

POST ID # = 917872
tdname Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hastegag View Post
I wrote some AHK code that will do what you need
Hello again ;)
Very thanks but please don't waste your time for me because I can develop a small Windows program that does exactly what I need.

My comments in this thread were made only to let Corsair's Developer that CUE is currently limited in few specific things.

However a multithread is not required to do what I wrote.
A simple "big" loop/while in which locate ALL macros could be very simple while checking if each Macro's delay is expired and need to be executed.
Multi-thread could be the best way but not the only one.

However it's a pity to see a 12+ year old software is doing what a 2017's software cannot do..... :(

Old 10-27-2017, 08:51 AM

POST ID # = 924670
ChaosBlades Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
It has nothing to do with cores but rather inputs. Macros work by incorporating a virtual keyboard through virtual USB. A virtual device has the same limitations as a physical one so if you can't do it on a physical device, a virtual one is no different. What you're manipulating with a macro is the time and delay between keypress inputs and releases at intervals that possibly isn't humanely possible (like repeats at 1ms).
Yes but all other macro software I have used when running two macros at once will input the second macros commands in between the commands of the first macro see example below.

Start the first macro of repeating "1" on toggle for example "1111111111...." and if you start the second macro of repeating "2" on toggle after the first you will end up with "1111121212121..." and so on. So if you have a macro like I do that presses 2 indefinitely on toggle then another that does "crtl+e" on key press it will look like "2222222crtl+e2222222....". This is the functionality that we would like implemented. Believe me, I know this is possible because I have many times had complex repeating macros ruined by accidentally pressing another macro key that throws a bunch of random key presses into my work and I have to start over.

Edit: For those that would like a temporary workaround for this issue and you only need to mash one button like I do then google/download "super simple button masher". It is inconvenient but it gets the job done.

Last edited by ChaosBlades; 10-27-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Old 07-14-2018, 03:35 PM

POST ID # = 963463
Huzbub Reputation: 10

Just got my new K95 Platinum to replace my Logitech G15v2 which allowed me to have multiple macros running at the same time.

Example:
G1 would press 1 every .5 seconds
G2 would press 2 every 1 second

I could enable one, either, or both and they would work as expected.

Way to go Logitech with a ten+ year old model keyboard outperforming the flagship Corsair in this area which has been noted as IMPOSSIBLE. Very disappointed as that is a key feature for me. This very well may be a limitation of the Corsair design.

My question is: can the current limitation be addressed by Corsair? How do we make certain our request is heard?

I am going to update my Amazon review with this detail so others can avoid a costly missed expectation.

Last edited by Huzbub; 07-14-2018 at 03:43 PM. Reason: follow up

Old 07-14-2018, 04:56 PM

POST ID # = 963472
tdname Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzbub View Post
Example:
G1 would press 1 every .5 seconds
G2 would press 2 every 1 second
can the current limitation be addressed by Corsair? How do we make certain our request is heard?
This kind of Macros can be successfully set using Corsair CUE software.
I think what you're trying to do it's the BASIC think for any Macro software.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:14 PM

POST ID # = 963474
Huzbub Reputation: 10

From the thread and my efforts, I'm not seeing how to have two macro's running at the same(ish) time.

I would love any help as you say it can be done.

Best effort image of what I have below.

https://ibb.co/gOfs48

Last edited by Huzbub; 07-14-2018 at 05:17 PM. Reason: image upload

Old 07-16-2018, 08:42 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963836
hastegag Reputation: 20

Huzbub, good try, but that does not work unfortunately. The iCUE timer settings seem like you could almost get there also as they have start stop settings, but I don't think it works just yet inside CUE.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...122#post963122
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177820
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174079
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174978

If you are interested in a NOW solution, you can tweak this AutoHotkey code to taste and run:

Code:
#SingleInstance
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 1

SendMode Input
global aAct:=0
global sAct:=0

$*a::
	aAct:=1
	While GetKeyState("a", "P") {
		Send 1
		Sleep 800
		if(sAct) {
			if GetKeyState("s", "P") {
				Send 2
				Sleep 800		
			}
		}
	}
	aAct:=0
Return

$*s::
	sAct:=1
	While GetKeyState("s", "P") {
		Send 2
		Sleep 600
		if(sAct) {
			if GetKeyState("a", "P") {
				Send 1
				Sleep 800
			}
		}
	}
	sAct:=0
Return
I have tested that other software does this successfully, but there are equally as many limitations and quirks about other software in my experience. That said, I am sure Corsair is aware of this as there've been numerous requests for it and I am sure if it was easy to implement without issue they would have. This is a guess and I do not speak for them, but I would bet they are working on it.

The above code listens for a and z to out 1 and 2 but you could remap the Gkeys in cue to match a character that Autohotkey recognizes if you wanted to use the G keys

Last edited by hastegag; 07-16-2018 at 08:44 PM. Reason: note

Old 10-29-2018, 09:15 PM
ApocMora's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978271
ApocMora Reputation: 10

Also tossing in my voice here, as the keyboards iCUE software missing this functionality is what has been my roadblock from transitioning to all Corsair products.

I rely on macros heavily for both work and gaming, some of which needs to run overlapped like has been shown in the examples above (separate cooldowns really is crucial).

Having the separate timers is a must for me to be able to fully transition to corsair keyboards like I have wanted to for a few years.

Looking forward to eventually ditching this G510 after the...no clue how many years.

A question on the concept of concurrent macros running. The limitation is currently in iCUE from my understanding, and is not a part of the keyboards, so were this issue resolved/feature added, it would be applicable to all keyboards supported by iCUE?
I love Corsair, and am tempted to still get the k95 out of faith this will be dealt with some day.

Last edited by ApocMora; 10-29-2018 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Conceptual question added to base of post.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:54 AM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978314
hastegag Reputation: 20

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180823
Related posts just for reference

Old 10-30-2018, 09:11 AM

POST ID # = 978316
ChaosBlades Reputation: 12

Here are 3 more.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=181366
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=179363
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=152676

Old 01-26-2019, 10:48 AM

POST ID # = 991422
ZeroNeutral Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
It has nothing to do with cores but rather inputs. Macros work by incorporating a virtual keyboard through virtual USB. A virtual device has the same limitations as a physical one so if you can't do it on a physical device, a virtual one is no different. What you're manipulating with a macro is the time and delay between keypress inputs and releases at intervals that possibly isn't humanely possible (like repeats at 1ms).
Sir, I realize that you are/were the project manager for iCUE, however I noticed something about what you said here. What you said is partially incorrect. I do not know why you are incorrect, but you are.

Recently, I was using my Scimitar and the older version 1.x of Corsair Utility Engine. Using this software, I was not able to run multiple macros at the same time. That is, if I set a button on my Scimitar to a MACRO, then I could run only one at a time. I was instead able to set the buttons to HOTKEYS (also a macro but distinct from a "macro" within the software) and I could run multiple at the same time as toggles with random repeat timers.

You see, what you said is not correct. It is possible to run multiple instances of hotkey inputs at the same time from macros each assigned to different buttons on the Scimitar (at least).

Then, I decided to try and upgrade from 1.x. What a mistake. I lost this functionality completely. I have yet to manage to get more than one macro to run at once with a multitude of settings in the version 3.x of the new "iCUE". It seems this functionality was lost long ago in the 2.x versions of the software. To compound my first world misery, I updated the firmware of my Scimitar in the 3.x version of iCUE, so now my 1.x version will not even launch without self-terminating. (I have uninstalled and reinstalled older versions as well as removed the appdata Corsair folders).

I really hope someone smart over there can figure out the differences in the software and return this functionality to us. Perhaps the language of the software has changed and new limitations were introduced. I have no idea. All I know is that what you asserted here in this thread, is not accurate.

Alternatively, a method to play multiple hotkey macros simultaneously (as hotkeys within iCUE since 'macros' are limited to one at a time), would help me a lot. The option to loop keystrokes no longer exists.

Last edited by ZeroNeutral; 01-26-2019 at 11:01 AM.