Corsair Community

About Active PFC, how it works ?

CalinTM

I have a question about active PFC.

My PSU is a AX760i, has active pfc.From what i know active pfc makes the power supply to work with different voltages, 110V/200V/230V/240V etc.

I have a problem, i also have a UPS Mustek 1590 and if i power the PSU within UPS i get on corsair link software only 200V, instead of my normal 230V (Europe i live). Why is happening this ?

Also, if i get only 200V the power supply could broke, or my PC hardware could suffer from this issue ?

I imagine on US the power source has 110V, and people are using that voltage and i guess is nor harming the hardware, no ?

And if i connect the PSU without the UPS i get 230V.

On the AX760i says: Universal AC input from 90~264V

So it works on 200V too, but i wonder a 230V isn't the perfect AC input ?

I don't think it's supplying enough voltage. If you look at the specs for the battery it says Backup time ( one PC load at 120 W ): 40 min. So if your system is pulling considerable more then that , it may potentially be the issue. I don't know much about the UPS so this is partially a guess! :)

http://www.mustek.de/en/11/index.php/en/products/ups/ups-3/139-pm1590e/123-pm1590e

It's also a simulated sine wave UPS and Corsair suggests only pure sine wave UPS with their PSU's. Don't know if that could be part of the issue or not.

Also, if i get only 200V the power supply could broke, or my PC hardware could suffer from this issue ?

There is always the possibility of data corruption with any power related issues. But your hardware should be fine . It would just refuse to run correctly if at all, but shouldn't be any damage. Overvoltage on the other hand....

Grabbed a normal multimeter (not something fancy and expensive). On my main power source has 270V, and on the UPS outputs measured 230V.

Then what should i trust ? Why the software says 200V, and the multimeter on UPS says 230V

Archived