Corsair Community

P256 Trim support?

amro

I don't know of any official word yet from any drive manufacturer regarding TRIM support due to the fact that only the beta of Windows 7 supports it so far. And, the standard is not finalized by Microsoft so the controller firmwares cannot guarantee official support yet.

Stay tuned as this should be resolved by the Windows 7 release.

I don't know of any official word yet from any drive manufacturer regarding TRIM support due to the fact that only the beta of Windows 7 supports it so far. And, the standard is not finalized by Microsoft so the controller firmwares cannot guarantee official support yet.

Stay tuned as this should be resolved by the Windows 7 release.

There is one company that does have TRIM support for some of it drives but i don't think im aloud to mention it on here. There in the same sort of market as Corsair.

There is one company that does have TRIM support for some of it drives but i don't think im aloud to mention it on here. There in the same sort of market as Corsair.

Right, people can claim TRIM support now. The fact still stands that the standard is not finalized. There are possible TRIM related changes to hardware that cannot be made via firmware updates. So, a drive that claims TRIM support now cannot guarantee support once the standard is finalized.

Since the current version of WM7 is not a final release and the only OS to support TRIM, the current firmware for the P256 does not support TRIM. We do have beta versions of the firmware that support TRIM and are currently working on it. This would most likely be a simple firmware upgrade in the future for existing drives P256 drives.

• 2 weeks later...
Windows 7 RC is an OS build that's intended to be released by Microsoft; which Microsoft already makes available to many people. One of them being me. I'd like to find out how I can test the release candidate firmware Samsung/Corsair intends to use for Windows 7. Surely, at this point, Corsair must have something solid ready by now. Not having something solid and ready at this point would suggest running behind it's major competitor (at least that's how it appears to me).

Windows 7 RC is an OS build that's intended to be released by Microsoft; which Microsoft already makes available to many people. One of them being me. I'd like to find out how I can test the release candidate firmware Samsung/Corsair intends to use for Windows 7. Surely, at this point, Corsair must have something solid ready by now. Not having something solid and ready at this point would suggest running behind it's major competitor (at least that's how it appears to me).

There is no firmware or update available to the public at this time. Keep in mind that the current RC-1 for WIN7 is just that, a candidate. Microsoft can change any part of it at any time. Therefore, the firmwares that Samsung has developed are not released yet. They will be when WIN7 and the TRIM standards are finalized.

For those of you still wondering about TRIM, it's not an easy solution and it's far from a finished standard. Be wary of any claims relating to TRIM support at this stage.

From a 3 way SSD shootout:

Windows 7 promises native support for the TRIM command, but the OS hasn't been finalized, and Indilinx's home-brewed utility doesn't look like a reliable solution for those running other operating systems.

From the TECH REPORT: http://techreport.com/articles.x/16979

attachment.php?attachmentid=5628&d=1243456856

attachment.php?attachmentid=5627&d=1243456845

ipeak.gif.86d5bf6d949c5469a2a0bedc71de0def.gif

fc-create.gif.551c7783b9900ccb1965e8b245d54b3a.gif

Archived