Corsair Community

Force GT FW 5.02 update didn't work?

Solace

downloaded the appropriate bins/files and upon flashing over 1.3.3 there is no change in the firmware according to the ssd tool.

Corsair Force GT 120gb, 22758_fw.vic is used when flashing. the tool still shows the previous file after the flash, on the same chipset flashing 1.3.3 worked perfectly fine.

MSI z68 GD 65 mobo, using the onboard SATA not the marvelle controller (its disabled).

also please move thread to the firmware flashing section, missed it initially ty.

Was the updater 1.1 the same revision as when 1.3.3 was released. if not could a admin link me to the previous version of the tool. neither chipset works to flash with the current version and everything is properly configured.

sata2/3 fails, alternate controller fails, unintalling intels chipset drivers still fails.

by fail i mean it shows a green checkmark but still fails to flash anything. flashing 1.3.3 worked fine so unless the software changed i see no reason why this would fail.

for some odd reason the file sizes are different between the 2 downloads 1.3.3 and 5.02, obviously the 5.02 file should be different but the 2 files before which are listed should match 1.3.3 zip files. they differ in size for some reason yet the names match.

ok so, things ive tried

Formatting a fresh windows install in achi mode with and without intels chipset drivers for the ahci driver.

uac on/off

sata 2/3 on the intel chipset.

sata 3 on the marvelle chipset.

flashed latest mobo bios on z68 chipset

the utility shows that the flash is successful but noe signature change is shown upon re-scanning the drives.

any ideas would be appreciated. other then using a alternate pc which is not a option. or rmaing the drive unless corsair is paying the expense for providing a shotty product that requires the update for stability "if its even stable on 5.02".

yes... i really dont understand why it wont flash to 5.02 when i could flash 1.3.3 fine. must be a change in intels drivers but its stated that they test with the latest chipsets. so unless the z68 + latest was skipped then idk. i possibly could try with a h71 board at work sometime next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
i assume theres still no resolution for this. been through various bios/driver updates and none seem to work. i would assume that its corsairs tool thats at fault for not pushing the update given other mfgs seem to not have such issues.

i just reformatted windows and the only thing installed is the NIC drivers. the bios was in AHCI mode and the device manager shows the windows default 1.0 AHCI driver for controller. im curious if anyone else on a z68 mobo has done this update? i know for a fact intels updates are pushed out properly... the only thing i have not tried is in windows xp which i may do later since i was going to install it for testing some other stuff out later. along with any recent/beta bios from MSI. though i have already gone through various revisions without it working and i assume its a software issue since intels updaters work properly.

z68 MSI GD 65 using the P2 bios "first ivy bridge revision" and attempted this on previous other bioses before.

theres also been a few other threads in the past stating the same issue but managed to flash the drive on a different chipset/controller if i recall correctly.

• Corsair Employee
I have ran into this on occasion and if you tried all the steps and still cannot do the update and the drive is performing properly I would not worry about it. But the only choice would be to RMA the drive or try it on another system.

would be nice if corsair got the board and released a update to the utility rather then go through a 1-2week process of rmaing a harddrive. think ill just go intel from now on, ssd/keyboard/psu all had some form of issues from corsair of which 2/3 were not addressed till this day. believe the few extra dollars for peace of mind tech support will be worth in the future. not supporting specific chipsets when they should be nearly identical and its even a a known brand and popular product is quite unacceptable.

Corsair does not develop the utility to flash the firmware. And, you are the only person here on the forums to post this specific combination of hardware as having a problem with the flash. So, most likely you have either a board that deviates from the Intel design spex (common problem with many MOBO makers) or you simply have an SSD that needs to be replaced under RMA. We are perfectly willing to assist you in getting you a working drive.

well i just tried on a z77 chipset same MFG and it failed again. i would be more then happy to rma at this point except the plastic piece that aligns the power connector snapped off. if it can be assured im not wasting my time sending the drive in i would be more then happy to do so. except idk how up tight they would be about that plastic piece given its plastic and does not affect the functionality of the device. either its powered on or it isnt.

case # 5140106

all i just want is a updated drive that performs to the specs without any bsod issues which have occured over the last some time. hopefully the whole dinky piece of plastic wont be an issue. thanks.

Archived