Corsair Community

Corsair RM650i Fan started to spin like crazy

henry220

Hi,

Recently, i update Corsair link into version 4.9.2.27 and notice that my PSU fan has started kick in at very minimal load (67 W). This behavior never happen before the update. At 67 W , my psu temp is 29 Celsius degree and the PSU fan is spinning at 560 RPM. Before the update, the fan is never spin unless i am on heavy load.

How do i keep my fan silent under normal load ?. That is my main reason to get an "i" range because it has the ability to turn off the fan when not needed and now my fan is spinning every time i turn on the pc and doing some normal work.

My system spec:

- Core i7 6th Gen

- Windows 10 Creator update with latest updates/patches.

- GPU 1070 GTX

Any help is appreciated

• Corsair Employee

I know when set to 40% the fan stays on at 40%. What I asked was if the fan slowed down or is it at the same speed.

PSU firmware cannot be flashed by Link.

Shut down the PC. Flip the switch on the back of the PSU to off. Unplug the USB cable. Turn the PC back on.

At this point the PSU should have no communication with Link and the fan should go back to the default zero RPM mode.

Does it?

I know when set to 40% the fan stays on at 40%. What I asked was if the fan slowed down or is it at the same speed.

PSU firmware cannot be flashed by Link.

Shut down the PC. Flip the switch on the back of the PSU to off. Unplug the USB cable. Turn the PC back on.

At this point the PSU should have no communication with Link and the fan should go back to the default zero RPM mode.

Does it?

Hi, i have an update for you.

- Unplug the USB cable connected to the usb port on PSU, turn on PC --> PSU fan spin for 5 seconds and stop. Under normal use (checking email, etc) for 10 mins the fan remain idle.

- Plug the USB cable back in PSU's usb port, turn on PC --> PSU fan spin for 5 seconds and stop. When i get pass Windows login screen the fan decided to kick in and running continuously even in idle load (running screen saver).

Archived