Corsair Community

H100 with the Corsair Link: A quick question.

thedude1

I currently have the H100 installed in my system and I now have the Corsair Link Cooling Kit(not lighting kit) ready to install. The two fans on the radiator are are currently powered by the pump hub. What is the best configuration for the H100 with the Link Cooling Kit?

I see that the H100 has a 4 pin molex along with a 3 pin for the readings on the pump and with an empty port on the pump for the digital cable. Should I be powering the pump via the 4 pin molex and have the 3 pin pump reading cable in the cooling node and also have the digital cable from the pump in the link commander all at the same time? In this case I would have the two radiator fans in the cooling node.

Any help would be great. I have a 1000w PSU.

I think what you want to do is have the radiator fans on the H100 pump.

The Sensor (3 pin, 1 wire) plugged into the CPU fan header and the 4 pin Molex connected to your power supply.

That is how I have my H100 set up. Now all you do is 1st download the link software then install the Link and connect the H100 pump to the link via the digital connection wire which I think goes into the cooling node and then another connection to the Link itself.

This is how I am going to set mine up in the next few days. I will update this post if need be.

I plugged the radiator fans into the hub on the pump and connected the digital cable and the 3 pin cable to the corsair node. I didn't get fan speeds. I then plugged the two radiator fans into the node and got fan speeds that time. Anyone else?

I just installed mine. Here is what I did.

First installed the Commander by putting it in a 5.25" bay with velcro. All my 3.5" slots were already filled.

I then ran a digital cable from my H100 to the Commander.

I then ran my fan cables to a point behind my motherboard. This told me where I could install the fan and temp. node.

I connected the fans to the node. I only connected 4 since I have 4 already on the H100 in push/pull.

I then connected the digital cable from th Commander to the cooling node.

The last thing I did was hook up the three temp. sensors.

So far so good but I did not have time to go too far into the software.

I should clarify:

I hooked up all the fans (4of them in a push/pull set up) that are on the H100 radiator to the four spots on the H100 pump.

I then ran a DIGITAL CABLE from the H100 pump to the link Commander NOT THE NODE. The commander is the larger, aluminum main unit.

DONOT run the digital cable from the H100 pump to the NODE. This is wrong The Digital cable from the pump goes to the Commander. A separate digital cable goes to the NODE from the COMMANDER. You will end up with TWO DIGITAL cable on the Commander. One to the NODE and One to the H100 pump.

I then ran a DIGITAL CABLE to the NODE from the commander.

All my other fans go directly to the NODE.

I can see all of the fans in the software including the 4 on the H100 radiator.

Be sure to update the firmware for the H100 from the Link software. It is very easy to do.

Make sure that the NODE has good power and the COMMANDER is hooked up to a USB header on the MB.

Be sure to update the firmware for the H100 from the Link software. It is very easy to do.

Make sure that the NODE has good power and the COMMANDER is hooked up to a USB header on the MB.

What is your firmware version? Mine is 1.1.12.

What??? Are you saying that we SHOULD NOT update the H100 firmware as the software tells us to???

What if we already did?

Why is something that important not posted at the top of these forums and instead is buried at the bottom of one?

More points aganst you Corsair. And do not forget to answer my questions.

Awesome, I updated mine as instructed. If we are not supposed to, shouldn't we know. Also, would love the specific break down of the fan speeds & pump speeds for the different settings since you lose that ability when the Link commander is connected. It's definitely different than the software. Why is everything a secret?

• Corsair Employee

randolla

I am sorry that you feel that way and I am sorry for the trouble it caused you but if you are not happy with your Corsair Link please consult your reseller, if they will not or cannot help you then please use the link on the left and request an RMA then contact our customer service for other options. Is all I can suggest at this time...

Wired

The firmware is not included in the software and should not give you that option. I ran it here and it gives an error that no suitable firmware found.

But if for some reason it is flashing something it is not the firmware it will brick your H100 and the only way to fix it is RMA it.

The Firmware for H100 and H80 has not been released yet!!!

wow, just wow.

Guess I'll disconnect my H100 from the link kit tomorrow and see if it still works. when I installed the software it installed Firmware 1.1.12 to the H100. Seems like it's working fine, but I can't select any of the profiles from the actual H100 when the link is plugged in, figured that was because the link was overriding it.

At this time I would not suggest you update the firmware on our H100. We will release an update as needed and post a link to get the correct version.

What??? Are you saying that we SHOULD NOT update the H100 firmware as the software tells us to???

What if we already did?

Why is something that important not posted at the top of these forums and instead is buried at the bottom of one?

More points aganst you Corsair. And do not forget to answer my questions.

randolla

I am sorry that you feel that way and I am sorry for the trouble it caused you but if you are not happy with your Corsair Link please consult your reseller, if they will not or cannot help you then please use the link on the left and request an RMA then contact our customer service for other options. Is all I can suggest at this time...

Ramguy,

It is not so much I am unhappy with the link. I am unhappy with the level of support, documentation and answers that Corsair has given this product. I thought I had made that clear during our conversation. I am glad that at least now someone from Corsair is finally reading this forum. But why should I have had to call you up and complain about it when people have been posting here for WEEKS without any response from Corsair. You or someone should have been reading this all along.

Why did Corsair release a product and then forget about it? That is the inexcusable part. READ YOUR OWN FORUMS!!! How hard is that? You just release a product that had been delayed for months and then NOTHING? No support. No answers. No post regarding really important things like DON'T FLASH YOUR FIRMWARE IT MIGHT BRICK YOUR H100. I might expect that from some other company but not from Corsair. Do I have a right to feel this way? I think I do. I have spent well over a $1000 on Corsair products over the last 1.5 years and I feel I have earned the right to expect something so radical like good support. Telling me to RMA the link if I am not happy is a cop out. Please have a manager at Corsair contact me to work this out.

This is getting confusing, and more than a little bit worrisome. The Link software upon installation, instructed me to update the firmware on my H80, as it was being recognized as an H60 (or something to that effect). It also advised me that there was a firmware for the Link unit as well. I flashed both.

May I respectfully suggest that we need to know in a prompt and clear manner:

1). will the new firmware, (which we are told now NOT to use), cause any performance or worse, damage the units in question.

2). I yes to the above question, can Corsair provide a firmware upgrade to bring it back to it’s previous state. (I don’t relish the thought, nor the downtime, of doing another RMA to Corsair).

Corsair should take full responsibility as to the instructions it's software is directing the customer to do. Especially in light of the poor documentation provided and the slow and unclear after sales service on the newly launched product.

+1 MrFizzbin.

Corsair needs to get it's act together regarding this product. To flash or not to flash . That is the question. What is the answer? And what happens if you do flash the firmware? RMA? Reflash to an older firmware?

Please answer us Corsair. And please put it as a sticky at the top of this forum, not burried and the end of this thread.

Fizz:

1) RG stated that according to his tests there is no firmware for the H80/H100 that comes with the Corsair Link software, so it's not that it's new firmware, it's that the software's saying it's updating the firmware, so there's nothing to update to. So the real questions are:

What's the firmware of the H80/H100 BEFORE this "update"?

Is it really flashing anything? If so, is it just showing the update screens, but nothing's really happening, or is it flashing the same firmware?

randolla: RG has already stated NOT to flash, and until the afforementioned questions are clarified / answered, yours cannot be answered.

Wired,

I know Ramguy has told us not to flash but it was only after begging for some support here and finally a phonecall. But it is too late for many of us that have already followed the software's instructions and flashed the firmware already. I have several posts regarding this subject including one that should be a sticky telling people NOT to flash.

What is inexcusable is the lack of knowlege and support for their own product from Corsair.

Why is there not a sticky warnig us all about not to flash?

Why was the software released in such a state that it tells you to do something that may brick your cooler?

Why isn't anyone at Corsair reading these forums? I finally had to call tech support who then connected me with Ramguy who then caught my wrath. Yesterday , he finally started reading these forums and that is when we all found out (sort of off the cuff I might add) for the first time that we should not flash the firmware.

Since then we have been trying to find out the ramifications of having already flashed it. Still no answer about that one.

Why has this question (what to do if we have already flashed) not been answered yet?

If there is a problem having already flashed, can we flash back to what it should be and if so HOW?

These are the things we all need to know. And for each person posting and reading these threads, there must be dozens more just scratching their heads trying to figure this whole thing out.

All in all a really bad launch of a potentially great product.

Please fix it Corsair.

Link software does download a file that it supposedly uses to flash the hardware ("CorsairLinkHydroFW_1.1.12.s19"). Now whether this file is benign or really flashes the unit, I cannot say. But Corsair should, and that's the whole point. Moreover, we're talking about firmware here: which is a pretty important piece of programming. It shouldn't take days to get a simple response as to whether it is or isn't flashing the hardware.

Archived