Corsair Community

H100i V2 having problems even after several RMA's!

Grimaldus

Hi, new here so thanks for any help in advance. All ther coolers I get recently from corsair make this noise:

[ame]

[/ame]

So a couple years ago i bought the H100i GTX and had no issue for about 2 years until it started making the noises you can hear in the video linked. After it made the noises, I spoke to corsair customer servcies and had it RMA which was fantastic. I had a little while to wait as i didnt do express as it would cost me more money. So I got a new cooler, a V2, and to my disbelief it started making the same noises almost immediately after installtion.

I was really ffrustrated as i'd already been with out a PC so instaed of waiting for an RMA from corsair which I couldnt afford to wait, I bought another off amazon with the intention of sorting the RMA out in the background. Again a brand new V2 from amazon shortly after installtion, i get the same noises, so I RMA again. A new one arrived, exactly the same problem!!. So this time I went back to corasir as it seemed the QA of the V2 has droped considerably, I explained to techincal support what is happeing and asked if its possibly something Im doing wrong maybe, i sent pics of the installation, videos and they agreed I am doing correctly, and decided instaed of going back to amazon again they will RMA it directely themselves. So I get a new one from corsair, and again the same problem!!, at this poitn I went back to amazon and got another yesterday and its doing the same thing.

So before I go down another RMa or possibly refund this time as Im starting to give up now, is there any advice or something I can do?, have any components changed between the V2 and GTX as my GTX was a lot more solid than these. Is this just an airlock?, if so, why is there and hiow can i get rid of it?. Please any help as Im lost at what to do now. But all in all I must say Corsair customer service is very good which is why i dont want to move to another brand at the moment.

Aside from ensuring your CPU_FAN header is set to Full Speed/100% in Q-Fan (or wherever the H100i v2 is connected), I am not sure what to suggest. Was the noise on the other units sporadic like this one? That part is a little unusual and most people complain of consistent noise. Make sure AI Suite (if you are using it) is not manipulating the cooler. When set to Full Speed (Q-Fan) or disabled (Advanced BIOS/Monitoring), AI Suite, EPU, or other Asus master controls should leave it alone. You may run into additional issues using Link and AI Suite, but I would not expect pump noise to be one of them.

Thanks for the reply, yea they all do it sporadically. Its the same setup i had previously with my GTX version, nothing changed apart from the cooler. It is really strange, I cant find a video on youtube with the same noise, like you say its more constant. Ill keep looking into it and post any findings to help others in future.

From a scientific point of view, you might try moving the H100i v2 power lead to a different motherboard header - either one of the CHA_FAN or a AIO or W_Pump header if you have it on that board. The same conditions apply and you must set that header to Full Speed/100% in BIOS. AIO and W_Pump headers are this way by default. You would also need to temporarily put another fan on CPU_FAN or set the BIOS to ignore boot error you get when nothing is there. This may help rule out a power issue with the board.

Hi thanks for your help c-attack.

well I just tried all that and left it for a while but the noise is still there. One thing I realise is that the noise happens more often than not, when I power up and power down, it will do a quick splurt of that noise and turn on or off. And of course in between the random sporadic ones during up time.

Hey there!

So here's the thing, the chances of you having this same exact issue three times over, and one of them was a completely brand new unit, is so incredibly low it has to be something else. Now to me, this sounds like a fan rubbing against something. Stop all of your fans with your finger and see if the noise stops.

Another thing to try if it really isn't one of your fans, is to completely disable ASUS FAN XPERT within the BIOS and only set whatever fan header you've plugged the pump into, to 100%.

Please try both of these things and let me know what happens. Please don't take this in a negative way or anything, I'm honestly just trying to help. :) It's just weird to me it would happen to a brand new unit on a completely different platform.

As for this part: " as it seemed the QA of the V2 has droped considerably..." Don't believe everything you read! Haha

Hi, thanks for the reply Blake, im in no way taking it negativaly and understand where your coming from as I to feel this cant be the case, Im generally unlucky, but not this unlucky lol.

I will try this over the next few days and will report back.

So I actually just did it all now, so its 100% the pump as I suspected, I hold the fans still as it makes the nosie almost always when powering on or off and it still makes the noise when the fans are being held still.

Also I dont think i have fan xpert, my motherbaord has Q-fan, im not sure but is that the same sort of thing, I already have disabled it and put the cpu header at 100%. I wish it was something as simple as a fan but like I say im pretty unlucky so it wont be lol.

If you have any other suggestions I would appreciate them?, also do you think this noise can damage or casue me issues in future?, which is my main concern really.

its a speed issue, something is conflicting and trying to drive the pump at the wrong speed or its a power issue and your mobo is on its last legs,

when you say you had the system running fine for 2 years is this a new mobo that you just started using or is it the exact same one for the last 2 years ?

it wouldn't exactly be unheard of for a 12v line to be going bad in a mobo (all it takes is one bad capacitor) or in a PSU for that matter, either way something is messing with the power, unplug all the other fans and any drives then boot to bios, open the monitoring page and leave your phone to record the screen for 10 minutes and see what voltages your getting and what the reported speed is for the cpu header, if the voltage is jumping around its a power issue (which should also correspond with speed changing and the noise from the pump) if its just the rpm jumping around then its likely a controller issue on the motherboard, so switch off move to a different fan header on the mobo and try again, if despite setting things up to be 100% power all the time its still doing it then I don't have any other ideas

Archived