Corsair Community

Corsair Void RGB USB - Distorted Audio

Hi People, looking for some help over here. I bought a K65 rapidfire and I love it so I decided to trust the brand and go corsair all the way, It didn't end up well. I had to exchange my M65 pro cos it wouldn't click out of the box and still can figure out the damn VOID USB Headset. On the one hand I had the CUE problem with steam voice that hasn't been fixed yet, the only workaround I found is to rollback to the previous CUE version. And on the other, and this is what I can't really figure out, I'm getting occasional distorted or saturated audio. The headset seems to be alright if i manually change the driver from the corsair one to the generic USB Audio Device driver that comes with windows, but I only get stereo audio that way, no 7.1. If you have the time listen to the attached audio file, it will makes things clear, its like some sort of distortion build that that keeps getting worst, dolby and FPS competition make it really obvious, but its there lurking in all the profiles. I had tried almost anything I can think off, short of formatting (IT guy over here, and been trying stuff for 2 weeks) and I also have two ignored tickets with corsair support (593488 & 597223), no good news so far. Any ideas on what to try next? It does look driver related, since switching to the windows driver gives me good stereo audio. Thanks in advance.

Some of the things I have tried are:

- Removing and reinstalling CUE.

- CUE previous version.

- Disabling onboard audio from the bios.

- Disabling all other audio devices.

- Switching USB ports, all over.

- Starting the PC without the headset hooked up.

Recording_4.zip

I'm also having this, it seemed to start today after updating. I first noticed this on YouTube, randomly videos would begin to increase in volume and distort for around 10 seconds, then would stop. This doesn't happen with any other headphones I have tried or any other device. It's REPEATABLE is the weird thing. I am able to go to any video it happened on, go to the time it happened, and it play from there, and it will ALWAYS happen. That's what had me the BIGGEST confused. I was watching a video called, "Fireworks fails compilation (Epic!)" and it happens at the same clip at the 5:20 mark. About halfway through the clip it will happen. It's confusing the hell out of me because if it was faulty headphones, it SHOULD be completely random right? I haven't had it happen on anything else I have tried ITunes, Discord, and video games. And it can't be YouTube because neither I or my friends can get it to happen on their PC's and they are using different set ups. I really can't figure out what's happening.

I'm also having this, it seemed to start today after updating. I first noticed this on YouTube, randomly videos would begin to increase in volume and distort for around 10 seconds, then would stop. This doesn't happen with any other headphones I have tried or any other device. It's REPEATABLE is the weird thing. I am able to go to any video it happened on, go to the time it happened, and it play from there, and it will ALWAYS happen. That's what had me the BIGGEST confused. I was watching a video called, "Fireworks fails compilation (Epic!)" and it happens at the same clip at the 5:20 mark. About halfway through the clip it will happen. It's confusing the hell out of me because if it was faulty headphones, it SHOULD be completely random right? I haven't had it happen on anything else I have tried ITunes, Discord, and video games. And it can't be YouTube because neither I or my friends can get it to happen on their PC's and they are using different set ups. I really can't figure out what's happening.

OKAY NOW I'M REALLY CONFUSED. Tried everything I could, reinstalling stuff, multiple reboots, you name it. Now after this ONE RANDOM REBOOT, it won't do it again. I'm racking my brain to figure out whats going on cause it's not my sound card, not the headphones itself, not youtube. I'm going crazy here trying to figure it out.

OKAY NOW I'M REALLY CONFUSED. Tried everything I could, reinstalling stuff, multiple reboots, you name it. Now after this ONE RANDOM REBOOT, it won't do it again. I'm racking my brain to figure out whats going on cause it's not my sound card, not the headphones itself, not youtube. I'm going crazy here trying to figure it out.

I GOT IT! I FIGURE IT OUT! IT'S THE SOFTWARE. I turned off CUE for the headset and the problem wouldn't repeat, when on, it repeats JUST WHERE AND JUST LIKE IT WAS THE LAST TIME. It also just so happens I updated it today, so all clues point to it being the software. So for now I advise you keep CUE off because all signs point to it being the culprit.

I GOT IT! I FIGURE IT OUT! IT'S THE SOFTWARE. I turned off CUE for the headset and the problem wouldn't repeat, when on, it repeats JUST WHERE AND JUST LIKE IT WAS THE LAST TIME. It also just so happens I updated it today, so all clues point to it being the software. So for now I advise you keep CUE off because all signs point to it being the culprit.

ANOTHER NOTE JUST FIGURED OUT! It only seems to happen when the headset is set to stereo, not dolby. I'll keep everyone informed if it happens again.

Hey man, thanks for your input, driver related for sure, removing CUE is the same as manually using the windows driver, it makes the problem go away but you loose the 7.1 dolby, which is kind of the point of this gaming headset ( if i wanted good stereo quality I would have gone somewhere else,hehe). Disabling/enabling the device or disconnecting it would also make the saturation level go back to "normal", tolerable but still unacceptable, I was better of with mi usb generic headset, hehe.

• Corsair Employee
Hi People, looking for some help over here. I bought a K65 rapidfire and I love it so I decided to trust the brand and go corsair all the way, It didn't end up well. I had to exchange my M65 pro cos it wouldn't click out of the box and still can figure out the damn VOID USB Headset. On the one hand I had the CUE problem with steam voice that hasn't been fixed yet, the only workaround I found is to rollback to the previous CUE version. And on the other, and this is what I can't really figure out, I'm getting occasional distorted or saturated audio. The headset seems to be alright if i manually change the driver from the corsair one to the generic USB Audio Device driver that comes with windows, but I only get stereo audio that way, no 7.1. If you have the time listen to the attached audio file, it will makes things clear, its like some sort of distortion build that that keeps getting worst, dolby and FPS competition make it really obvious, but its there lurking in all the profiles. I had tried almost anything I can think off, short of formatting (IT guy over here, and been trying stuff for 2 weeks) and I also have two ignored tickets with corsair support (593488 & 597223), no good news so far. Any ideas on what to try next? It does look driver related, since switching to the windows driver gives me good stereo audio. Thanks in advance.

Some of the things I have tried are:

- Removing and reinstalling CUE.

- CUE previous version.

- Disabling onboard audio from the bios.

- Disabling all other audio devices.

- Switching USB ports, all over.

- Starting the PC without the headset hooked up.

I reached out to our Technical Support staff, and you should have an update shortly. In the mean time, have you tried uninstalling your audio drivers and updating them to the latest version from the MOBO manufacturer's website? I would try this in the following order and see if it works:

1) Uninstall CUE

2) Uninstall the Audio Drivers from Device Manager

3) Restart

4) Install the updated drivers

5) Install CUE 2.14 (2.15 has a known audio issue current)

We are working to release CUE 2.16 which should correct some current issues with audio in 2.15.83.

Thanks for your input man, I'm currently on 2.14.67, removed everything, disable all audio devices just to be on the safe side and then I restarted the machine and went for the 2.14.67 version of CUE, no luck. i did fix the steam mic problem but not the distortion on the playback. All my devices have the latest firmwares, maybe a firmware downgrade for the headset(?) Is there a place where you keep the old firmwares available for download? Rgds.

Hey man, I'm getting the EXACT same issue. I just received mine, trying to install them under Windows 10. Been playing with this for an hour now, I can't make them work. Getting heavy distortion...

Hey, apparently there have been several complaints, it's a known issue and they are working on this for the next CUE update, for now the best option for me was to go back to CUE 2.14.67 to solve the in game mic problem and use Pure Direct as an EQ on CUE to minimize distortion. We are going to have to wait for the next CUE and hope they get it right, hehe. Rgds.

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for your input man, I'm currently on 2.14.67, removed everything, disable all audio devices just to be on the safe side and then I restarted the machine and went for the 2.14.67 version of CUE, no luck. i did fix the steam mic problem but not the distortion on the playback. All my devices have the latest firmwares, maybe a firmware downgrade for the headset(?) Is there a place where you keep the old firmwares available for download? Rgds.

No worries, we're here to help. We don't have firmware files publicly available to download, so you'll need to submit a ticket through the link below, and one of our Technical Support reps can help you out with getting the file.

http://support.corsair.com/

• 3 years later...
Bringing up an old thread as ive been having this issue for a few months now. Void Wired headset. On software version 3.38.61 and firmware version 0.01. Happens in videos being played on youtube/facebook and while playing some video games.

• Corsair Employee
Bringing up an old thread as ive been having this issue for a few months now. Void Wired headset. On software version 3.38.61 and firmware version 0.01. Happens in videos being played on youtube/facebook and while playing some video games.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing distorted audio. If your "Void Wired headset" is one of the following, I suggest installing iCUE 4 to see if it helps.

iCUE 4 Support VOID Headsets: Void PRO USB, Void PRO Wireless, Void PRO Surround, Void Elite USB, Void Elite Wireless, Void Elite Surround

Well it seemed to work ok for 2 days and it just happened again. This time the audio dropped almost completely then within 2 seconds came back to what sounds like 140% volume. Getting another update as i type this to 4.10.273

• 2 years later...