Corsair Community

iCUE not detecting my devices

berlin88

I have multiple Corsair RGB products in my system, yet the iCUE software says "no devices detected"?

I have the following Corsair items:

120MM LL RGB fan x3

140MM LL RGB fan x3

K70 Mk2 RGB Cherry MX Blue

Corsair Dark RGB SE

Corsair Light Node (but no Commander Pro)

I have installed the latest version of iCUE and do not have the Corsair Link installed.

Why can't iCUE detect my devices?

I am using my mouse / keyboard right now, so Windows 7 must be seeing something. Its the Corsair iCUE software that can't seem to detect my devices.

You need to check to see if Windows is picking up the VID and PID, which is what identifies the keyboard, mouse and other devices to iCue. It's entirely possible that Windows isn't picking up the proper VID/PID for the device, in which case iCUE won't see it.

But if you don't want to do some simple troubleshooting steps to see if we can figure it out, that's up to you.

You need to check to see if Windows is picking up the VID and PID, which is what identifies the keyboard, mouse and other devices to iCue. It's entirely possible that Windows isn't picking up the proper VID/PID for the device, in which case iCUE won't see it.

But if you don't want to do some simple troubleshooting steps to see if we can figure it out, that's up to you.

I managed to solve my problem, and everything works now. iCUE can now see my fans, mouse, keyboard and Lighting Node Pro.

There was a motherboard driver missing that wasn't installed, and that was preventing Windows and iCUE from recognizing my fans, keyboard and mouse.

I had previously downloaded and installed the drivers for my motherboard from the Asus website, but I guess there was a driver I missed, that was on my old Asus installation CD, but not the Asus website. When I installed that driver, everything worked.

I also had to disable something in BIOS called xhct off-hand (I think that's the name), because it was causing the mouse / keyboard to malfunction as well.

Archived